Sunday, July 23, 2006

NOW WHAT?

Things finally got interesting up here yesterday. We got a nice barrage of katyushas in the morning. Two neighborhoods got hit, one, not far from I used to live, and the other one was close to a previous apartment too. Golan's(the neighbor) brother was just outside having a cigarette because he can't smoke inside with his father connected to oxygen, got a piece of shrapnel in the chest and all their windows were broken. It fell on a soccer field just across the street and he was the only one hurt, thankfully not badly. He just pulled it out, put some disinfectant and a bandaid on it and went back down for another smoke!
I spent the day cursing the interweb connection, watching my TV shows between news flashes, answering phone calls, and calling my brother. Robbie was there when I called and we had a nice chat.
I must find something to do today. Shmaryah and I might go to Safad to convince the guy who decides these things that he really wants us to do the replacement of the doors that were damaged by the rockets. He owes me big time, as he's the guy who sent me to hospital with the stroke in '98.
I just found out where there are M&Ms up here, and the closest store is in Afula, where Wednesday's adventure took place. At least now I know where to go to get them. I just can't go there alone because it's too much for me to get the wheely out, then back in the Disco, but I will find someone to go with later!
At least the search for M&Ms gives me something to work on while stuck in the house with the hinky interweb connection! I'll call Shmaryah now and tell him it's time to go. I'll update later, interweb connection allowing, which it isn't right now. Oh, am I going to have fun with the cable people when this over. The company evacuated all their employees in town and refuses to send anyone in to fix it. At least their TV and phones are working. If they weren't, it would be really bad.
Ok, Simon just wandered in and we are going to Afula in a few minutes. More later!

No comments: