Friday, July 28, 2006

METALLIC RAIN

I've lived in Kiryat Shmonah since 1990 and gone through countless katyusha attacks, but nothing like yesterday. They fell like rain right in town. I wussed out and went into the shelter for the first time and even slept there with Peg. It's gotten so that neither of us can tell the difference between incoming and outgoing, and that's never happened before. Damn right it's scary!
For some odd reason, I forgot to post the incident in Safad with our fearless leader and gentleman, Shmaryah. We had just opened the Disco after leaving City Hall there, when the siren went off. My door was open but I can't get in without someone holding the stool, and it was in the back seat. Shmaryah jumped into his seat and there I was standing there staring at him and he was staring right back with a 'what are doing out there?' look on his face. The penny finally dropped and he got out to help me in. Fearless leader. Hah! All the way home he sat there with his hand on the door handle in a position to jump out if need be. Good thing we took the disco and I was driving. Not much rattles me when I'm behind the wheel. Oh, he is never going to live that down!
Of course he can retaliate with the story of me wussing out and staying in my shelter!
In his favor is the fact that he brought one of Peg's chains in from the ramp and attached it to an air filter cover in the shelter.
It's going to be a long long Shabbat in there! I just checked our local interweb site and there were a few hits very close to Gimp House, including our ex mayor's house which is maybe 100 meters (yards) away as the bird flies. I knew they were close. They've started up again and Peg is going nuts that I'm sitting out here typing. I'll post and go in with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just keep yourself safe. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers .