Wednesday, July 26, 2006

THE BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND GIMPS

Shmaryah worked his usual majic today and got the cable company to send someone to sort my cable-interweb woes. They just left and the lap top is up and running.I have no idea what they did, but it's working, so who cares?
The guy we were supposed to meet this morning in Safad isn't going to be there until around tomorrow, maybe, so there wasn't much sense in going out just for the Windows CD and M&Ms.One way or another, we'll track him down either later today or tomorrow.The morning and early afternoon have pretty well been used up with the computer/cable issues, so at least I was busy with that and didn't pay too much attention to the shelling. There were a lot of hits around town but none in town as far as I know.
Last night I tried to figure out how I feel about it all but couldn't come up with anything that made much sense.
I do know that I'm furious, upset, and a little scared.
Furious that the Hizzbullies started it and that our government let them have 6 years to get organized right under our noses. Then there are the people who still don't get it who are getting ever more voluble in demanding a cease fire and worse blaming the whole thing on us. Yeah, it is partly our fault for not paying attention, and worse, for being here at all. Sure, go right ahead and blame us. If there were no Jews in the world, everything would be just fine, wouldn't it? That would solve all the issues for everyone. Ya think?
Not by a long shot. Those Islamarodicals would still try to take overything, and not for the first time, just probably for the last time. You don't believe me? Just listen to the crazy in Iran. He's said it more times than anyone can count. He lumps us in with the rest of the west so, if we're gone, he's going to quit trying to make a nuke? Ya think?
We keep doing things to show that we want peace with our neighbors, the so called Palestinians but they refuse every offer we make and when we do what they want, and withraw from Gaza and leave every inch of Lebanon they rush to the peace table, rather than kidnap soldiers and shoot at us. Oh, sorry, I forgot for a minute that it's all our fault for just existing. Of course they are justified and all of our reactions are disproportionate. We should just put on our swim suits and start swimming west. How silly of me.
I'm upset because as usual, our government is making a hash of things. I'm not a general and never will be so I'll leave the critique of the war for those more qualified and focus on the state of things at the home front.Using our patented method of "it will be ok" the shelters are a mess. It drives me wild that the people who expect them to be spic and span can't be bothered to clean and maintain them theirselves. Granted some of the maintenance must be done by the authorities, but general cleaning and not stealing stuff like fans and mattresses can and should be done by the folks who use them. It also upsets me that so many people are simply ignored. There are several thousand people who stayed at home rather than go down to the unihabitable shelters or leave town. We are nonentities. Thankfully I don't need anything and am doing just fine, but lots of others aren't.
Our national past time of whining and crying to the press about how hard things also upsets me. Granted, it's not easy, but, hells bells, the more you complain the more it gets harder. Bitching just focuses it all the more. Uh, yeah, but this is my blog and as I don't focuse much on this stuff except for here, and never out loud, I think I'm a little entitled. Maybe not. I'll think on it later. I'm actually just fine and lack nothing, except quiet from the outgoings.
I'm scared that we might lose this one and if we do it will make for a very fast end to Israel. I'm also a bit scared of being injured, not of dying, mind you. I made my peace with that ages ago. I just think I have enough physical challenges to deal with without any more new ones.
So, other than that, how are things?
Fine, just fine. I have plenty to eat right here, a car parked, outside Peg for co
mpany, TV, interweb connection for now, and a few new books I've started to read. I also have a damned good army that is doing it's best to protect me. Nope, other than being stuck in the house, everything is just fine.
Just got an update from Shmaryah. He's up on his roof watching the forest fire just above his house burn it's way towards him. There were lots of hits in open spaces around town but nothing in town has been hit yet. The head Hizzbully promised to escalate and shoot at places south of Haifa.That doesn't sound like the best idea he's ever had.
It's time to write some emails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....

Fingers