Tuesday, May 02, 2006

OH YES, LIFE *IS* GOOD

In spite of 'The Bat Chen' incident, I am happy as a clam (not that I ever understood what a clam has to happy about). I sold a pile of $s yesterday and covered everything I "loaned" Bat Chen, then wrote it off in mind. Finished, finito, done, all gone, the end, that's that. It will take a while to get over the hurt of the betrayal, but I will. I agree with Shmaryah and Orna that it's her loss. End of subject: at least until she needs next time. Thank G-d for called ID. She'll go ballistic when I don't answer.
The car phone was installed yesterday and I already know it's going to drive me nuts. Every time it turns on it says "Have an Orange day" Orange is my least liked color. Why oh why didn't they name themselves Purple instead of Orange? Looks like I'll have to write purple on a piece of sticky tape and stick it over where the word orange comes up.
I was sitting in the doorway of the shop just before closing and a lady I don't know walked by. I smiled at her and she came over to ask why I smiled at her when we don't know each other. She was shocked when I said that I smiled at her because I'm so happy, and I smile at everyone these days. We chatted for a few minutes about it and both said that it's sad that it's so rare that people just walk/sit around smiling at other people. Maybe I'd better watch it in case someone decides it's aberrant behavior and tries to lock me up. Is being happy a mental illness? I guess in my case it could be! At least let the padding on the walls be purple. If the straight jacket is, I'll go quietly!
Danny painted the exterior of Gimp House light purple yesterday and it looks beautiful. I'll take picture of it and the duck family that lives on the dash board of the Disco. The ducks are huge smile causers. I adore them and can't not smile when I glance at them, most often after a crazed Israeli driver does something scary! and post it tomorrow. He also found a guy who cleaned out the weed jungle that was the side garden. As soon as I buy the paint, he'll do the railings and security bars and the sides of the ramp. The color of the house gave me a craving for icecream! The shade is what we used to call icecream pastels in the rag trade. I might just get one on the way to work if Mickey D's is open. It's Memorial Day and lots of things are closed. I have to go to the bank anyway and as they are in the same place, it'll be easy. If they are closed today, I'll have one tomorrow.
Susie, and Fingers, Thanks for your comments. You are both part of why I smile so much these days. I am truly blessed with wonderful friends.

No comments: