Wednesday, May 17, 2006

OOPS

I haven't had such a fun yell-up at idiot Israelis since, I can't remember when. It started yesterday when my new, very expensive cell phone (the business one) just wouldn't ring long enough for me to answer it, and went straight to voice mail. It continued when said new, (did I mention that it's very expensive?) cell phone didn't connect properly and Shmaryah kept saying "Hello hello" and I could barely hear him. The phone ended up in the ashy trash bin three times. Shmaryah had a good yell up with them, but got nowhere.
Then, when I got home and opened my mail, I found a letter from Pointer(car security company) informing me that I hadn't paid for the new secret thing they installed on the Disco. Wait just a minute. Here's the invoice-paid in full and the check stub with a check mark that means it was paid.
The interesting thing is that the secretary at the place that installs Pointer is the sister of the other bike store in town. Did she not forward the payment "by accident?"
I got to work already in the mood to mix it up with the first unfortunate to cross my path and got a blast in at a manager of the cell company I am already upset with-Orange. How dare anyone call a cell phone company Orange? Don't they know it should be called Purple? Really, it's just too much. Ok, so we got past the miserable name of the company and I ordered the top of the line Motorola phone, which spends more time in the bin than any place else. I have to arrive at the store on Harley in order to save parking spaces for paying customers rather than the Disco, only to find said manager type parked right in front of my steps with his car with the huge Orange sticker?
I had a very refreshing yell-up at him while the rest of the Orange staff held their sides laughing. After he removed the ugliness of that sticker from here, I started in on the freaking phone itself. The sound has been shite since day one and they already fixed it once. Now the speaker wire thingy doesn't work as well. The manager guy brought me a new one which is the worst yet but promised to bring me a blue tooth one tomorrow. If that doesn't solve the problem, things will really get fun! This is the only cell phone of the 10 or so I've had that has been problematic. Other people have the same problems with it so I know it's not me, or maybe it feels my antipathy towards Orange? Wouldn't surprise me a bit!
Shmaryah brought me a present today. He went to our ad guy man early this morning and saw a net bag with a stuffed purple hippo, a purple message brush and a shower washy thing from purple net.
We have decided to change the company logo and use my witch on wheelbroom one as the base. We are going to add training wheels to the wheel on the broom, and handlebars with keys dangling off. Maybe even have my witch flying the contraption out of a door. Yes, of course in shades of purple! Lucky me that Shmaryah also likes my color and the 'bits' I do with/about it.
Danny painted the bars, pipes and loo window things purple yesterday and Gimp House is now Purplegimp House! He's doing the security bars on the windows today. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow!
We finally found a pedicurist who would come to my house and sort the foot I've been threatening with an ax. She fixed the humongous callous and got the nails all short and nice and it hurts a lot less to walk now.

No comments: