Friday, May 26, 2006

IT'S GETTING AWAY FROM ME

I'm leaving for the States tomorrow night and the only thing not ready is me! Flights, car rentals, and such are all made and paid for and organized for easy finding. I have more cash than I dreamed of ready to get put in a bank/be spent, packing lists ready, the business organized, as well as communication with Shmaryah set. There's also a shiny brand new lap top computer all set up and ready. It even has my beloved scrabble in it so I can play on the endless flight over the Pond. So, how on earth am *I* not ready? Simple. Everything else is set to go, and I just realized that I spent so much time and energy getting everything ready that I completely forgot that I'd be leaving home for a month. I now have 26 hours to get my head ready for that. I really really want to go, but I also really really want to stay here and concentrate on getting the business back on track.
Bless Shmaryah. He's almost more excited about me going than *I* am. I think I'm less excited and more shell shocked than anything. I'm going back to the scene of the crime (my childhood) and will visit all those wonderful places in Brunswick Maine that are forever enshrined in my memory. Armed with a camera, I will have those pictures not only in my head's memory, but in the computer's as well.
I never really believed that I'd be able to go on a trip like this, but, here I am, leaving for the airport in 25 and a half hrs.
Lavana, Shmaryah's wife came over last night and we discussed "The Problem" (no details here) and agreed that Son # 2 would be a fixture in the store until I get back, then I will put an end to "The Problem" Had I known the extent of "The Problem" when I made my trip a condition of buying the business, I would have cancelled everything except a week in Maine. Unfortunately I only uncovered the extent as the plans moved along.
There's also the 'fact' that absolutely everything happens for a reason, and it really feels like this trip just might be a major contribution to solving "The Problem" I hope so because I'm going to have a heart to heart talk with Shmaryah on the way to the airport with the hope that something will sink in and get him thinking in a different direction.
Odd, but just typing this out has done wonders and I'm much calmer now, and ready to go. This is going to be an amazing once in a lifetime trip, and even though the idiot who planned the itinerary (me) should be shot for stupidity, I know I'm going to love every minute. I will post as and when, depending on connectivity. The lap top has wifi and blue tooth.

No comments: