Tuesday, May 09, 2006

INCREDIBLE DAY

Shmaryah and I went to Haifa today to tie up the loose ends with out new door supplier. I was up, coffeed, dressed and in the car at 0620 and we arrived at the store at exactly the same time. He hopped in and off we went. Hot damn, I do like driving that Land Rover. We were 10 minutes late because of parking issues, but had to wait for our guy in any event, but it was ok. When he did show up, he put everything on hold for us and took us through everything step by step. He runs a very impressive outfit and I have never seen anyone in this country so thorough about absolutely everything. His catalogues are put together in such a way that even I will be able to sell the doors using them, the price lists are easy to use and the order forms are easy and very precise.
After the crash course, we loaded a door frame into the Disco and headed for home. We stopped for sandwiches and arrived at the store to find people waiting for us. One guy was on the cell phone with Shmaryah and he was told to look behind, we were the 'jeep' pulling in. Dumb ass Israeli guy just had to make a wise crack about a woman driving a car that big and Shmaryah, (bless him) told him that rather have me driving than drive himself!When one Israeli man says that to another Israeli man, it really means something!
Things started hopping the minute we opened and I even sold a bicycle all by myself, and managed to get the credit card to work in the machine after two false starts. Things are starting to come together for me there and I'm learning!
I'm a lot more confident now when Shmaryah has to go out and do door lock stuff and I'm alone in the store.
It's almost 2300 and I'm knackered. Tons of stuff to do tomorrow, so it's beddy-bye time.

No comments: