Wednesday, May 03, 2006

PEG'S FIRST RIDE

Today was pretty much a lazy day, as Independence Day should be. No battling traffic to go to some national park that was full to overflowing with rude noisy Israelis and their kids. We had a nice BBQ in the yard with the whole Maimon clan, Orna, Danny, their kids and Danny's brother Morris, his wife, Orly and their brood. Orly made the mistake of wearing purple shoes and I promptly comandeered them. They not only fit, they don't hurt! As I only had 100 shekels in my wallet, Orna and I loaded Peg in the Disco, hit the ATM, got ice cream for the 3 of us at Mickey D's, got fags and beer after an argument with the poor unfortunates who were blocking the road because of tonight's entertainment, but let us in because I'm a gimp. Then we went up to Orly to give her the rest of the money for the shoes, and made a swing through the garage area to see if any Isuzus were out on the lot, then, home. Peg didn't want to get in the car. He hates cars, but we bribed him with some bones from the BBQ and he loved the ice cream. I'll have to get him an ice cream every time and maybe after a few times he'll be easier to get in. Once in, he was just fine. Next time we'll take him for a longer ride. He got a bit excited while we were ar Orly's because she lives in our old neighborhood and he recognized it, and wanted to get out and play. He's such a sweetie pie.
Tomorrow after we sort the lease for the pick up, I'm going to my travel agent to get it all set. I just spent an hour with a calendar figuring it all out and I think I have it! Details will be posted once they are confirmed and tickets are in hand! It will be an insane month, but lots of fun too and I can't wait. Obviously, the longest stop will be in Maine. Lots of people and places to see and I really can't wait for that.

No comments: