Wednesday, May 03, 2006

BETTER AND BETTERER

I'm absolutely dizzy with happiness! Yesterday was another great day. It was Memorial Day which is very sad here, and I was appropriately sadly sober during the time of the ceremonies for our fallen men and women. We opened as usual, but didn't expect to much business, however, we had a very good day and closed at 1530. I got home in time to round up Orna, Eliad, her son and Shimon, Danny's brother (who needed to bring a ladder from another neighborhood) pile them all in the car and go get the ladder, stock up on BBQ supplies for today's traditional BBQ,(it's Independence Day) buy 4 car flags, 2 for me, 2 for Shmaryah, take them up to Shmaryah, who wanted to wait and put them on the new pick up that we are leasing, hopefully by Friday. His OLD Renault Express is literally falling apart at the seams and every day he has to bolt another part back on. Silly man kept going on about 'a station wagon will do'. But I'm not having it. We need a pick up, with a double cabin, and we need it now. No more 'make do' solutions. They cost more in the end, and leasing is a deductible expense, so, leasing it will be. Isuzu makes a nice pick up and the guy who has Isuzu here is on our 'good guy' list. So, I'll do the deal on Thursday. We found a number for a pick up on the Interweb and Shmaryah told me to call. I refused on the grounds that locals know me and respect my knowledge of things automotive, but no way am I mixing it up with some Israeli guy from out of town. He agreed and we decided on the Isuzu. When we left his house, I just had to swing by Uzi's and Orna said "He's closed" To which I responded, "He's inside with the door closed. Go bang on it" She did and he came charging out, and we had a huge hug fest, and he invited us in for coffee. As we had fresh meat in the car, I took everyone home, hopped on Harley and had a wonderful visit with him and Etti, his office manager. I adore them both and we concocted a plan to give this town what it loves most. A reason to gossip. This week, Shmaryah gets his picture in the local gossip column riding a bike, and next week Uzi and I start tongues wagging with a picture of us, and a few lines designed to get the stories going, then, the next week, we'll have one of three of us at Uzi's kitting out the pick up. Publicity is always good for business and the local gossip column is almost better than a paid ad!
Today, Orna and I are taking Pegasus for his first ride in the car. I have a special thing that connects to the seat belt thingy that clips to his collar. Getting His Highness in will be interesting, and I plan to go up to the fire trails over my old place for a bit of run sort of off road! Absolutely can't wait.
The picture I took of the newly painted house came out crap, so I'll take another one from a different angle so there will be less fence and more house. I'll get the ducks later today.

No comments: