Saturday, April 29, 2006

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS: GOOD NEWS FIRST

My computer at home is back! I have no idea what happened; no, I know exactly what happened; but that's another whole blog, not a post. Shmaryah's son is a bit of a computer whiz and he offered to come over and have a look-see. All he had to do was push the turn on button and it came on. Just proves what I've always known-some people have -it- and some people don't. My daughter has the opposite -it- anything electric she touches stops dead in it's tracks. I'm beginning to believe she got that from me even though I don't usually have that trouble. Anyway, the computer is back and I'll be able to wake up properly from now on, with a cup of coffee and my emails. Even better, my email works both ways on this computer as opposed to the one at work that I somehow got wrong and only receives. I have to set up an account for Shmaryah anyway so I'll do mine on Outlook Express at the same time and just use Thunderbird at home. The other thing is that being my father's daughter, I feel guilty every time I write a personal mail or post at work. I was brought up to do personal stuff at home and work stuff at work and I just can't get my head around it even though I AM the boss there. Shmaryah gets mad when I tell him that because the previous owner's daughter was installed there as *owner's watch dog* and all she did all day was talk on the phone and chat on the interweb. The outgoing phone line has 2000 (two thousand) free minutes a month and she used 4000 (four thousand) without blinking an eye! ALL on personal calls. I don't think I've used even 20 (twenty) minutes on personal stuff from that line yet and we're into our second month.
On Wednesday we closed a business phone deal with one of the cellular companies that lets us talk for free between ourselves, oureslves being me, Shmaryah, Orna, and his kids have one phone at home. The package also gives me and Shmaryah phone cars with the same number as our cell phones, and the best part is my number! It's the same number we had at home when I was growing up, except for the first two numbers! And I might be able to get those two numbers changed. How neat is that? I sort of feel that it's a cool way to keep my parents closer to me. I can't help but think about them every time I say that number. The Jeffey is going to be so freaked when I tell him later today.

The bad news is that Bat Chen suddenly turned on me and sent a very nasty personal attack by email. I won't go into too much detail here because the mail is on the computer at work and I have absolutely no intention of translating it. Both Shmaryah and Orna read it and were as shocked as I was. Scratch another friend. It hurts so much because she took things that happened and conveniently forgot her part in them and turned it all on me. She also said that the money changed me for the worse. Oh, well. The major issue was that I offered to loan her the money to pay off her debts but she said it was too complicated and she didn't want to go through the hassle of sorting it all out. Fine, so I went ahead and bought the business, then, she called and asked if I could still do it. I told her that as I'd already bought the business, it wouldn't be possible right now. Well, gee whiz, I'm ever so sorry you were too damn lazy (did you actually think *I'd* do it for you?) to do what was needed at the time I offered and I went and did something else with the money. As to the money having changed me, after long talks with both Orna and Shmaryah I think that maybe it did a bit. If anything, having financial security after so many years, it has made me a bit more confident, but certainly not uppity or superior, or arrogant, or any of things she accused me of. She also asked me to add a friend of hers to the account I opened for her, but that just isn't going to happen. She'll have to deal with me whether she likes it or not, and I for sure won't go running like I did before to sort things for her. The money I used to pay a few things Tzion's family cancelled on her can just be written off as a bad mistake without too much pain. As I put those things on the business Visa, I'll just sell some $s and pay it off myself. Shmaryah says no, leave it, but it's my mistake, so, I'll take the hit. I have absolutely no intention of answering her mail. I'm just going to wait until she needs me again, and she will, then, I'll just tell her "No, sorry, no can do. You had your chance and decided to attack me, sort it yourself."
I am feeling totally crap about having seemingly ignored my friends in England and can only hope and pray that Fingers, Rosebud and Leia understand that all their addys were in this computer and even though I had the one at work, everything was in this one, and that, even though it's not the same, I think of them often with much love. I feel most guilty about Rosebud because I so rudely (yes, I can be a cow) never thanked her properly for her hospitality when Leia and I stayed with them. That is inexcusable to me, and totally unlike me. I adore her and will find a way to make it up to her. Being busy and Interwebless is no excuse. There is no excuse. I'll just post this now and send her a humble apology and hope she can forgive me for being such a cow.

No comments: