Sunday, April 16, 2006

PASSOVER PASSED

Days just keep racing by, leaving me with no time to do much of anything aside from business. No, I'm not complaining; just saying, is all. Somehow or other, I managed to get out of town only an hour behind schedule for the drive to Bat Chen's and got there at 1730, without any wrong turns for a change! The drive down was fine except for the two civilian Hummers I saw going North. Just about the only stock road vehicle that can out do my DS5! I got my smile back when I joined an informal convoy of Discos headed South. I manhandled BBC out of the back of the Disco all by myself. Bat Chen's mother had been cooking since early morning and the house smelled great. Avner, his girlfriend Vered and their two kids were there as well and Tomer, Bat Chen's other brother was almost late for the Seder, but got there in the end. Avner, being from Yemen, raced through the Hagada at warp speed, but didn't miss a word! The meal was delicious, and after the second part of the Hagada, Bat Chen, Avner, and I sat up talking until 0330. Bat Chen and I slept in her bed because Avner and his crew were in *my* room. Thursday we just lazed around chit chatting until it was time for Bat Chen to Take Avner et al home.
On Friday we went to the bank and raised the limit on her card, then flew home as it was nastily hot. I love Bat Chen dearly, but she drives me wild with her constant complaining about the heat, and almost as bad, she's always moaning that she doesn't have energy for anything. She just doesn't seem to understand that no matter how much she whines about the heat, it will still be hot and that complaining about lethargy is self perpetuating. I simply refuse to complain about either anywhere except here, and even here, rarely. Ditto on aches and pains. It does no one any good, and no one wants to hear about it. And the more you dwell on it, the worse it gets. I've explained all this to her more than once, but she doesn't seem to get it. Odd in light of the fact that those are the very traits she admires in Ronit, who, in spite of having both multiple sclerosis and muscular dystrophy, never ever complains about her physical state. Too bad she doesn't follow her example. I try to because Ronit is a role model for us all.
Avner came for Friday dinner but left early because we were all knackered. He appeared bright and early Sat morning with some Passover delicacies his mother had made. Yum. About an hour before I had to head home, Bat Chen's brother, Aaron came over with his kids who proceeded to create chaos. Good thing I didn't have to suffer them for long because after a day of Bat Chen's hysteria about a huge storm's imminent start, I left as early as possible so as to out run it. Not a drop of rain has yet to fall. I decided to try the new toll road as it's supposed to be faster, and got off at the wrong exit because the signs are shite. I pulled in at 2230 and made a young jerk get out of my space by telling him that if he didn't get out right now, I'd just park there anyway. He sure did get out of my way fast.
This morning I woke up bright and early. Made a fag run, and came straight to the business. Bicycles have been flying out here at the speed of light. It's starting to look like we'll need to order more even before the end of the holiday!
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my sawbones. One way or another, he must do something about my toes because it's just too much, and I'm not going to the States like this.

No comments: