Tuesday, February 08, 2005

DID YOU MISS ME?

It only took a week, but I am now back on line, thanks to my newly adopted Child genius Geek. He is truly a gifted child, (he must be if he talked me into going with the much detested XP) but so far, so good, and I am slowly but surely getting things back to normal (QUIET UP THERE IN THE PEANUT GALLERY) It was not a great week without the computer, stuck in the house due to very stormy, wind and rain, but at least I had some new books and TV in between power cuts.
Child Genius and I pulled an all nighter to install XP and the peripherals. He even found me an edition of Scrabble with *YAY* a purple template. He's learning, and just might be moving into Gimp House with me as his mother has sort of given him the boot (this hot on the heels of his school giving him the boot) He's too smart for our conventional square peg in a square hole school system, and they just don't know what to do with gifted kids here. He runs his own website hosting business and is doing very well with it. He's not only a gifted geek, he's a very nice kid, and if his mother has no objections, he can have the spare room. Yes, he does know that keeping my computer alive and well is part of the deal!
I'm off to look for more of my missing favorites.

No comments: