Thursday, February 24, 2005

DECISIONS DECISIONS

GIMP HOUSE 22 Feb. 2005

Oh boy, have I done it now! Word is just about the only thing working on this %^*^&# computer. It self uninstalled ALL the hardware and will not under any circumstances allow me to reinstall even the modem. I think one of the major goofs was letting Child Genius install a bootleg XP Pro. I kind of liked it as long as it ran, but we didn't’t address the underlying issues and screwed up and corrupted files. My guess is that there is a virulent virus or two or thousand lurking in wait. We were just too lazy to reformat and now I’m paying the price. I’m going to have Gerald reformat the whole thing and install a legal XP Pro and Norton Security Suite. Ouch. I should have known that taking the easy way out would cost more in the end. Time, upset, and money. The first two are the worst, but the money is going to be a major owie. Now, if only The Philmore’s check would just arrive. Mordy deep sixed my credit card yet again, but when the check gets here, we are going to have a very painful, (for him) chat. I KNEW he was going to bounce my cell phone payments, but that was ok as I had over 1000 left on my card. I am going to waltz into the bank, check in hand and inform him that he has two choices; 1) He gives me back my card, gold with the 3,500 limit, or I change banks and write letters to management or, 2) I change banks and write the letters. He has taken his control thing too far this time. I have enough money to cover that option two and he would be well advised to choose option 1!

I think it might be a good idea to get the letter written. It’s not as if I don’t have the money locked up there to cover this month’s monstrous mistake. I do, and he’s just flexing his muscles. Bank of Israel is implementing a new law at the start of next year, whereby unauthorized overdrafts will be illegal. It has yet to be implemented and Mordy could and should have let it go this month and for sure not yanked my credit card. One has nothing to do with the other. And here I was so close to home free. The Philmore’s check will sort that, if it ever gets here. I think I’ll bang this on a floppy, go to the post boxes and try to find a computer to use until either Child Genius or Gerald can sort this one.

Feb 24 2005
Somehow I got the computer working again. Don't ask how because I have no idea how I accomplished this wonder of technology. For now, it's enough to know that I did it, and all by myself.
So, now I'm not in a panic to get Gerald to sort things. That can wait a bit.
I am much too busy at the moment trying to decide which is worse; feeling crap on a great sunny warm day, or feeling great on a bad weather day. All this because my latest cold has developed it's very own cough (which had me awake and coughing all night) and had me feeling dizzy and woozy all day. Then, just for the fun, there were the labor pains I had all afternoon. I've had two kids and even though the last one was 28 or so years ago, I haven't forgotten what labor feels like. I'm just grateful now that they went away, even if they have been replaced by those sore cough abdominal muscle pains. Those I can deal with. I was awake coughing at 0430 and gave serious consideration to getting up and being the first at the docs. After a short ponder, I decided to try to get a bit of sleep and pull the "Crips don't wait in line" tactic. It worked and I left the clinic armed with scripts for Contac and cough syrup, after a few choice words with the Russian bitch who actually thought she was going in before me. I very rarely pull that tactic at the clinic but I felt too crap to be polite, and the rule in most places is crips first. Most of the time I don't mind waiting as I have my very own chair with me, but I really felt crap today. After that, I went to Yoffee Coffee, had a nice chat with Richard and left a message for Child Genius, and went home by way of the butcher and picked up a few things for the weekend. You know, maybe I do have flu? I feel achey and cold inside, but as there is no medicine for flu, there's not much to be done about it. Tomorrow I'll go out for the papers, and a quick coffee, then back home to read the local scandal sheets and rest a bit. I'm going to need all my strength for next Monday. Teadrinker is getting her computer!!!! That should provide for some interesting posts in the future.

No comments: