Tuesday, February 15, 2005

IT WASN'T US

My very first thought when I heard about the car bomb that killed Al Hariri in Beirut was, how long will it take them to blame us? Am I paranoid, or what? The Syrians tried pointing their finger at us for a bout 1 minute, then trotted out some obscure group to claim credit. Evil as it may be, I quite enjoyed watching the Lebanese yelling nasty slogans against Syria. Lebanon was such a wonderful place, then the Jordanian king booted Arafart and his thugs out and Assad said go East, young terrorist men, and Lebanon got destroyed. Rather than remain an economic mecca in the midst of the other Arab states, Lebanon got dragged back into the 'modern Arab dark ages'. The other states, like Syria just can't stand the thought of a progressive, independent state in the area. They rule by keeping tyranny going full force.
Things around here are getting out of hand too. It's a little after 05:00 and I have yet another cold, so my anti Sharon tirade will have to wait. Time for another cold pill and a nice kip, until 09:30 or so. Orna is coming over and we are starting the Great Dust Cleaning Project that I've been putting since they broke through the wall for the *liberry* and tore up the street! Just call us Dust Busters. I also want to get out for a while the weather holds. Winter isn't over by a long shot and I fully intend to take full advantage of the break in the rain.

No comments: