Sunday, February 27, 2005

XP AND ME


Teadrinker got her computer yesterday and is scared stiff of it! She won't be on line until Tuesday on account of technical issues and of course I'm in deep trouble because XP has turned into my personal terrorist, and I need it working right so I can talk her through things. So far I've been able to talk her through most things she wanted from memory, but it's lots easier when doing it with her. It leaves me feeling pretty much like watching reports on suicide bombers. Helpless, frustrated and wanting to do physical harm. I did something to it and it worked just fine for a couple of days, but it went wild again today and I'll have to Gerald in to sort it. I spent all day fiddling with it and getting nowhere. Of course I was upset all day about the attack in tel Aviv. I had just settled in to watch CSI when they went to a news alert on Israel 1. The 4th string anchor they put on was worse than anyone I'd ever seen and Israel 10 hadn't come on with it yet. When they finally did, I went there and suffered through 20 minutes of their spare anchor until the regular crew got there. Watching this stuff on TV is almost as bad as being in it. They run the same the loop endlessly and repeat the exact same information over and over. I really wasn't surprised that it happened, and watching all the terror groups first claim credit, then deny it was kind of fun in a perverse way. The PA seemed pretty angry about it and pointed fingers very gently at Syria. They just might be in bigger trouble than they ever imagined. Al Hariri in Lebanon and now this. Ooops.
I have a miserable cold and a cough that won't quit, so I'm off to sleep as it's 01:30, and I feel crap.

No comments: