Sunday, February 13, 2005

BUSY DAY

For once I actually accomplished a fair amount today. It was a slow day for posts from the VA, so I had time to go looking for a bunch of URLs that were lost in the Great Computer Crash of 2005. I actually found most of them! Then I grabbed Danny and he and Yechia put the new socket for Harley Too on the wall. The old one was causing ,most of the shorts that were blowing the breakers. The new socket is in a box with a cover!
Then I headed for town to look for Child Genius and get a Blistex for my vest pocket. Found the Blistex but didn't get hold of CG until I got home. I stopped in at Mara's for a coffee and there was a British photographer there who covers the middle East for a pool in London. He's very well educated in a liberal way. He rather thinks the Arabs are right and that we the Jews have no business being here (Biblical rights not withstanding) He thinks that the Moslems will eventually take over the world. After he'd gone on for a bit, I decided that I didn't want to have another stroke today, so let Mara rebut him. I adore Mara, but she does tend to ramble on about totally different things to what are actually being discusses. I just shut up. (Yes, I really did). He left and David the DOS (Religious) arrived and we had a lovely theological chat. This time Mara was pretty much left out because we were going at it hot and furious, while in fact agreeing on most things. There's nothing quite like an Israeli coffee shop! Richard wandered in and I pointedly asked him "How much for the coffee" His answer was "On the house. We still owe you for all your help" For that he got a big "Thank you" and I came home.
I hadn't been in for 2 minutes when Teadrinker called to announce that she ordered her computer today and should get it this week or next! I *have* created a monster, but one I'm proud of. It's going to be so much fun watching her go through what I went through when I got my first computer!
I tried to call my favorite ex husband(Yeas, I do know that I only have one, and therefore he's my favorite by default) to get him to send me an e mail as I got the one I sent him back, and he's interested in using Child Genius' service! They weren't home so I left a message, then called Irit who was dismissive and claims they don't have it and hinted that they deleted it because she's upset with him. It will be interesting to see how long it will be before she asks me for it! Not to mention how long it will be before she catches on that I only call if I have a question. This is going to be interesting.
Watching the IBA Saturday night weekend news drove we wild last night. It was mostly CNN stories with subtitles. I am resolved to write them a letter stating that if I wasn't CNN, I don't need it regurgitated by IBA, and that they might want to get off their butts and do some reporting instead of relying on CNN to inform them. Much as Israel 10 is almost too leftist for me, at least they do their own reporting, even if their lad in DC is just a recycler for Dan Rather et al. They *do* have a couple or so independent thinking leftys like London and Kirschenbaum. I might not agree with them, but at least they do the work and come to their own conclusions, left though they be!
In IBA's favor, they *did* do an item on the proposed Gaza scarper and let their interviewees talk about the referendum and rebut the government line. What a radical idea; the People deciding an issue. Sharon can whine all he wants, but his election WAS NOT a mandate to scarper, rather the very opposite, and he can not use the "I know things now that I didn't know then" excuse. Tank G-d and the internet for Fox News and Gartwaite. Now, if we could just get Dwight Schultze(my prophet) back on the air, I'd be a lot happier. Time to climb into bed with a cup of soup. At least I got some things done today and feel pretty good about that!

No comments: