Monday, May 07, 2007

SORTING THINGS

The bank wants to wait a few days before taking the final step in the gimp extrication plan. That's just fine with me. After the bank I went to my favorite grocery store to get a few things I forgot last time. They are in the middle of changing everything around there, so now, long time customers can't find anything.
After I paid I asked the owners wife when they are going to hand out maps? What should have taken me 10 minutes top turned into a much longer search and seizure exercise. Oh well, no one knew where anything was they opened and went there for the first time. We'll get used to this soon enough. I called Orna to ask her what else I'd forgotten and she reminded me about canola oil. So I charged back to where it used be, only to find that they'd moved to right where I was when I called her. Typical!
My computer geek guy is coming over later to haul this one off for a few tweaks. He was supposed to come yesterday but had to help out a friend whose kid fell into a tributary of the Jordan River and died. I have a hard time feeling sympathy for parents who don't keep a closer eye on their kids. The Hatzbani is a very fast moving stream and adults who are good swimmers often get into trouble there.
You see kids standing up in the back seat right between the front seats all the time. Yes, there is a law, but so what? The prevailing attitude is pretty much,"I'll talk on my cell phone while driving with my kid standing between the seats". That's a recipe for a dead kid if ever there was one.
My left shoulder is really painful today, so I think I'll take it off for a rest. Tomorrow we have to be at garage by 0930 (middle of the night) and I can't be late. Aches and pains are no excuse, so rest it is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo Ms Gimp
My wife and I use extra virgin olive oil instead of Canola oil. Mix it with butter. Not not much change in taste.