Sunday, May 06, 2007

OUCH AND OWIE

I just never learn. As threatened I got my hair cut this morning, came home, hopped in the jeep and stopped at the garage to get the oil checked and make an appointment to have the urgent work done. They also got the a/c working and I headed off to Nazareth. We decided to go down to Afula for lunch, and had a lovely time at my favorite place there. On the way back we stopped at Dotan's to see the new sign and improvements he's made to the entrance.
The drive home was a nightmare. Because of Lag B'omer, traffic was backed up from Golani junction to Kadarim junction, bumper to bumper all the way. By the time I'd gotten half way along that stretch of road my right leg was in revolt and my left shoulder was screaming bloody murder. I don't know why I didn't just give that road a miss and cut through Tiberius. By the time I got home I was in dire need of the loo but my legs hurt too much to even think of walking that far. Orna wasn't home to help me, so shut down the jeep slowly and rested for a while, then walked in very slowly. It was like walking through an open pizza oven. By the time I could make it over to the computer, the little temperature thing said it was 104 degrees F outside. It's cooled down to 95 now. And tomorrow is going to be just as bad. And of course, just to make even worse, the house got hot inside all of a sudden. But a miracle happened! I got the a/c over to summer operation all by myself just now!
Yaacov is looking much than he was the last time I saw him. He's walking more steadily too. Next week I'll take a whole day and we'll go visit Etty's parents and Yaacov's mother. I haven't been there in 17 years so it really is about time. I'm so knackered now, that I think it might be time for a nice long rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor purplegimp in that heat. I hate heat too. My body just won't adjust to it very well.

I'm glad you got back home and got the AC working so you could cool down.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your rest and get cooled down. The weather sounds brutal there now. What is it usually like?

Anonymous said...

I looked up Lag B'omer as you suggested. That's very interesting. I like learning new things.

Jaguar

Purplegimp said...

It's just another oddity. I know you like learning new things.