Monday, May 28, 2007

ANOTHER DAY

I've been having so much fun over at the Town Hall blogs that I've ignored my own blogs. Not that much has been happening recently, but that's news too. The bank 'clean up' is moving forward as planned. I discovered that I actually have a credit card they missed. It's maxed out now, but it should be pretty much paid off in two or so months and that will be the best thing.
As expected, the payment on the loan the Suzuki is security for was late again this month. Shmaryah finally got the money together and I took to the bank, but the bank was closed. Striar was with me, so I took him home, and I got stuck in a monster traffic jam due to road works.Ok so, off I went early this morning all by myself. Going alone means that I can't get into the bank myself and as there's no such thing as drive in banks here, I called out to a guy who was coming out of the bank and asked him to get them to send someone out to me. So, the payment got made and I set out for home. The bank is about half an hour from Kiryat Shmonah. No traffic jam today but a driver in a Nissan pick up provided entertainment by driving South on the Northbound side of the new highway. Driving in Israel is always an adventure! After arriving home and finding my parking space empty for a change, I grabbed my cap, hopped on to Harley Two and headed for town. I went to my clinic to find out if they reimburse for horse riding therapy. They don't. Then to my bank to verify a few last minute details, to Lavana, then to Sari to see if she had the refund for me. (she did!), then back to Lavana. Being in a fairly good mood, I decided to break my one gimp boycott against the new supermarket and see if they had any M&Ms. They didn't, but I did find some Ben and Jerry's. No Cherry Garcia, but I found one I do like, picked up a package of whole wheat rolls and went to the check out. Talk about de ja vue all over again. I was in the shortest line, with only one lady who had 4 items in front of me. A manager came up to me and suggested that I go through a different check out with him. I said "No thanks, I'm fine here" He said it again, so I asked him if I was not speaking clearly. While he was distracting me some jerk with a full cart pushed in front of me. That was it. I sped off and threw B&J's finest back and the rolls, and left. That's pretty much what happened the first time I went into that store except that time I just tossed the stuff on the floor, and ran over the manager's foot on my way out. It'll be a boring day at TH before I go back there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring day at TH...when has it ever been boring?

Purplegimp said...

Boring at TH? Never. That's part of why I hang out there so much. If anything *I'm* bored and can't find the inspiration to post at my own blogs these days. I do know however, that it will pass and I'll get back to more frequent updates.