Saturday, May 12, 2007

MY BED IS MY CASTLE

I love my bed. It took years to get it just the way I like it. Several years ago I bought a very expensive mattress, then added an anti pressure sore air mattress to it. A friend gave me a beautiful purple terry cloth sheet that I just love. I still have the very worn and patched purple quilt given to me at my wedding shower back in 1972, and several other sheets from that era that are still in use. I have a pile of books on the far side and a collection of cell phone chargers and their cell phones too. There are bottles of water, salt, Eucerin, paper towels, a phone, and a few other bits and bobs on the headboard. Everything I need is close to hand. I even have a turret of pillows so I can sit up almost comfortably to read or watch TV. I don't move much while asleep, but sometimes I do end up on my back and wake up to find a cell phone charger stuck in my butt. It annoys me that the damn charger gives the phones enough juice to work for several days but does nothing but cause a bit of discomfort. I do wish it would give me a jolt of energy rather than a jolt of pain. Never mind the fork that stabbed me the other night. On the whole my bed is just about perfect. The only real problem is the body that lives/sleeps in it. Getting up in the morning is getting harder by the day. It takes ages to get the various parts moving without pain. By the time I get Peg out, my coffee, and myself settled at the computer, things are better. Yes, I do love my bed. Actually, I love my little purple Gimp House. It suits me just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to ask where the purple is on the Diso. (I didn't notice any)

Purplegimp said...

There's a purple air freshener thingy inside, and a purple basket with purple flowers glued to the dash just above above a purple thermometer, and a funky fuzzy purple pen in the far right corner of the dash! And of course, when I'm in it....glasses, watch, clothes, and 4 partial toes! There's plenty of purple. I also have the Duck version of the A Team glued to the dash, but you'd have to be a long time member of a certain A Team list to get that. Unless you want to read the definitive story of the D.U.C.K.s!
I can scrounge out the link if you want!