Friday, March 17, 2006

LAZY GIMP

There's really no excuse for not posting here other than plain old laziness and the fact that I am in a black mood. There are two reasons for the black mood. The first is that the Wicked One seems to be futzing around with the wire transfer. I really need that money to get here fast because I have found my next car, a Land Rover Discovery at a really good price and I need a car. The other reason is that one of the super expensive phones I bought in Petach Tikva just doesn't work right. I got that particular phone because it has an ear piece thingy that lets it function as a cordless phone that doesn't have to be held, and I can't get the ear piece to communicate with the base unit and there's no way to talk with the tech support. Simply can not get a person to answer any calls at all. All the possible places have to have a message left and they promise to call back within 24 hours. Yeah, right. So, if I had the car, I could take the phone to the company and have a fine yell up. Get a move on, will ya, Wicked One? The gimp needs a Disco.
I *have* been taking things easy and I should be able to wear proper clothes in a day or two as the spectacular bruise from the seat belt from the crash is almost gone and the ribs hurt a lot less.
One great thing did happen this week. The guy who has to make the plans for enlarging my kitchen so the wheely will fit in was here this week and said he'll move on it as fast as he can. Never mind that I'll soon be able to afford to do it myself, let them break down the walls and sort the electrics and plumbing. I'll take care of the counters and cabinets. I'll be getting a proper upside down fridge and built in hob and oven anyway! I've also pretty much decided to buy Gimp House and leave it to Orna and Danny's son. Not that I'm planning on checking out any time soon, but you never know.
There are so many other things I want to do with that money as well. Among them is to clear the books for Orna and Danny, and two other friends who are struggling with old debts. I have it all planned, and want to get started. Get a move on, oh, Wicked One.
I found a fantasic site on the history of Portland Maine Jewery and updated information they had on my family there. It's a fascinating site and made me all nostalgic and teary when I saw the grandmother I was named afters name there. I sent an update on both sides of the family to the guy who runs the site and gleefully left out the Wicked One. I think I'll go check the mail, then get back to planning and plotting.

No comments: