Thursday, March 23, 2006

I DON'T BELIEVE IT MYSELF

After all the hysteria and nonsense that went on here at Gimp House on Tuesday, I got a phone call from Sasson at the bank to tell me the wire is here. It's a damn good thing I was sitting in bed when the call came because if I hadn't been, I would have fallen down. I made a quick trip into town yesterday morning to take the police report on the accident to the insurance guy and my clinic. I went straight home because I had an odd pain in my chest. It didn't take long to figure out that the pain was a direct result of stress and it went away pretty quickly. I was just sitting in bed figuring out what time to call Florida to find out if the wire had been sent when Sasson called!
After I got my brain back in gear, I called Orna and said "You here. Now. Just to do it" She staggered in still half asleep from her afternoon siesta nap and I let out a yell that would have done any southern rebel proud. Even though I never go out twice in one day, I got dressed again and went charging out Rami to tell him to get the Disco ready. I decided to get the newer, more expensive one, and he's going to add a step to my side so I'll be able to get in and out more easily. Then I went to get a GPS cell phone like the one I got for Bat Chen, then we had a Parliament meeting about what to do this morning, then, I called Striar, Yogi, and a few other friends.
I am still having a hard time grasping the fact that it came in so fast, and I can not find the words to describe the feeling and emotions I went through. Now I will be able to pay off every single debt I have. Not that there are many, but, after today, there will be none. And I'll have a Disco. I think I figured out why I want the Disco so much. Many long years ago Dad wanted to buy me a jeep. He ran into some Israeli guy in Florida who had a red Willys chained to a tree and he wanted to buy it for me. Dad wanted to buy me a jeep? I checked it out and found out that it was crap. Somehow, I feel like buying this Disco is doing something he wanted me to do. A Disco is a sort of Super Jeep, after all. I had a bit of a cry, and wailed that I want to tell Mum, but she knows. Laugh all you want, but I KNOW she's been with me the whole time, and helping me. Dad has too. She must have read him the riot act when he got there (where ever *there* is) and he fell in line, helping her help me. I felt so stupid, when, a year or so after she died, I realized that she was the brains in that marriage. She was so smart that she let him and everything else think it was him. Now I know it was her all the time. I miss her so much it hurts, even after 27 years. There never were, and never will be many people as wonderful as she was. Marcelle, watch your step. Your days are numbered and it will not be pretty. What you did to Jeff was unforgivable and will not go unpunished in the end.
I find it a bit amusing that the only person in the family still talking to her is Irit. The Jeffy doesn't want to hear her name and Aron has no more use for her than I do, but Irit is just fine with her, or so Aron says. That's her problem. Silly girl, going and alienating her whole family. Oh well, what goes around comes around and her lesson will come and she'll either learn or not! Ok, time to get dressed and go to the bank, send Leia a Western Union, and buy a Disco!! I'll post a picture of it later today.

No comments: