Wednesday, September 06, 2006

NO TIME

There just aren't enough hours in a day to get half of what I have to do done. Since coming home from the Great Trip and reopening the business after the war, I've taken the reins of the business firmly in hand and dived in head first. 10-12 hours days are the norm now and I barely have time to breath. The filing is a mess and I'm working nonstop to get the paperwork up to speed.
We got a government secured loan that was offered to keep businesses in the north afloat, and it saved us. Orders are flooding in but there's no tracking system in place yet. I'd just about gotten it set up when disaster struck in the form of yet another broken tooth. I had decided a few weeks before to have the already broken ones looked at by an American dentist I met years ago at a friend's insurance office in town. Why American? Easy, the last dentist I went to was a Druze who studied in Russia. He was drilling for a filling and turned the drill on the tooth that just broke knowing that eventually it would break and I'd be back. As there's no way to prove he did it, I'm doing the next best thing and not going bback to him. No more dodgy dentists for me. I'll take American trained, thank you very much. Orna and I are heading out for Carmiel to get the rebuilding of my mouth started in 15 minutes. And no, this doesn't count as a day off! I'll just have to stay late tonight to get caught up.

No comments: