Tuesday, September 26, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I just can't seem to find time to post here since taking over the Shop On The Corner. I bought the flower shop from Shmaryah's wife and it's a blast. I spent Friday being a delivery gal and never in my life have I taken part in anything quite so insane. We totally failed organization wise, but got all but one delivery done before the start of the holiday. That's quite a thing considering how screwed up things were! After I got the Disco and Harley Too home, I collapsed in bed and surfaced yesterday to a new year and made some lovely deposits at the bank. Then, just for fun I "blinded" a Citroen by smashing it's headlight. That Land Rover is dangerous. Orna and I were taking a plant to a house on one the more obscure streets in town and because drivers going out of the alley refused to back up for me, I had to reverse out of there. That's just fine except there was a Citroen behind me and the trailer hitch on the back of the Disco poked it's eye(right front headlight) out. OUCH. Turns out the car behind him wouldn't back up so he was a sitting duck. We'll get it sorted later today after my TIVO gets replaced yet again. The damn thing just doesn't work right and crash-freezes at the worst times. The cable techie who takes care of it installed a cable telephone and internet line at the flower store yesterday and we might just have figured out what the problem is. He;s bringing a new one today and we'll just have to wait and see. I'll be taking this computer to the flower shop later today and get the big PC sorted later so I'll be one of the 'best connected' business women in town!
I have no less than a bazillion errands to run today, aside from the blind Citroen (1100) and the TIVO, so I'd best get started. Everyone I have to meet has my cell number and know that I can get home from anywhere in 10-12 minutes on Harley, so I think it's time to start running around town. Project # 1 is to get my reading glasses sorted. I need at least 2 new pairs and one more computer pair.
With any luck at all, I'll have time to play 'catch up with myself' here later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!