Friday, September 08, 2006

FULL MOON OVER KIRYAT SHMONAH

I've seen a full moon or thousand. There are two places that are hard to beat in the 'night sky' category. One is Casco Bay in Maine, the other is at the end of nowhere in Winnemucca Nevada. Last night on the way home I kept expecting Harley Too to take off and fly to the moon. It was huge and bright, and just beautiful. I really wished that I could just sit outside and gaze at it for hours, but my new TV was on it's way, so I had to go in and take all the 'purples' off the DVD that was balanced on the TV in my room. I've been planning and plotting how to get a new LCD TV for ages and even talked to my TV store about it. He really thought I should get a plasma set. After thinking and thinking, I decided that LCD would be more than enough, and much cheaper. As the TIVO is coming on Monday, I took the leap and bought a 32" LCD and it was delivered and set up last night. WOW. What a picture and now I can see the writing without squinting without glasses. My calculations also took into account the money I still owe my brother, but that will be sorted soon. We'll be getting enough to sort that within two weeks or so, and I'll be able to get that debt paid. In fact part of it should be in the bank today and the rest by the 20th. Of course, there's always the chance that it will take a little longer, being that it's coming from our idiot government. But it will come in eventually and we're doing fine from door sales for now.
I don't believe it. A guy just came to the door and asked to connect something to my electic socket outside. This after that jerk local contractor stole thousands of shekels of elecrickery from there for months. He got a resounding "no" in answer, but at least he asked. I have to get up now and disconnect the cable!

No comments: