Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ODD THOUGHTS OF LATE

I sometimes wish that my mind would stop surprising me. Too much thinking is tiring. I realized not long ago certain of my body parts seem to have taken on lives of their own. They pretty much split into two categories. Those I once was proud of, and those that I always had semi phobic uneasy feelings about. I think that maybe proud is not the exact word I'm looking for. Pleased with might be better. I liked that my shoulders were straight across and even. They no longer are because the motorcycle katyusha run in has my left shoulder in a permanent droop that there is nothing to be done about. Never mind my once flat stomach. I'm dead serious. Never mind that.
I was always somewhat protective of my neck. I love turtle necks because they gave me what was obviously a false sense of safety there. So, of course I ended up having surgery there. The tops of my feet were always problematic partly because I have very high arches and the bones on the tops of my feet were very sensitive to any pressure. That made it very hard to find comfortable shoes and my skates had to be custom made. Right. So, now I have a burn right on the top of my left foot that is going to win a place in a record book for being the slowest healing burn in the history of the universe.
I just found it interesting that those very same places all have given me trouble over the last 10 or so years. At the end of the day, none of those things turned out to be a big deal, I just found myself thinking about them. Anyone who has the foolish idea that I might waste my mental energy thinking about 'normal' things had best be dissuaded immediately! Never been 'normal', never wanted to be 'normal' and never will be 'normal'. My natural state of quirkiness suits me just fine. Ah, Someone at one of my other blogs was kind enough to pay a compliment by saying that she finds my logic quirky, yet somehow sane. I can live with that!

No comments: