Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MORE ALONG THE SAME LINES AS THE LAST ONE SORT OF

It hit me the other day that things have really changed in my outlook since the first days, weeks, and months after my stroke in 1998.
One of the first things I did after getting my first scooter was to get a proper mobile phone. I remember wondering if I would even live long enough to get to the end of the 36 month commitment period. I also remember wondering every time I made any kind of plans whether I'd still be around to carry them out. Having made it this far, 11 years post stroke, and almost 4 after the heart attack, I've gradually stopped wondering about making plans or thinking about making them for more than a month in advance. Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking anything for granted. I am perfectly well aware that I might not wake up on any given morning, and do give heart felt thanks when I do wake up. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love my life. Being a gimp is better than not being. I wonder if that has anything to do with not having any expectations. I just somehow seem to charge ahead and deal with things as they come up. Living my life is a little like following a soap opera every day for 57 years. I always want to know what will happen next and how things will resolve themselves. I guess it would be fair to say that I am my own daytime soap opera.
Quirky? Did someone call me quirky?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Quirky is a cute term. I'm just plain about it. I'm just weird. Thank goodness for the VA where I found you and others just like me. ;D

Jaguar

Purplegimp said...

Jags, Someone did indeed call me quirky last week. She said that my logic is quirky, but sane. I like quirky too. I'd be proud if you want to be quirky too.

Unknown said...

That's ok. You keep quirky and I'll keep weird.

Jaguar