Monday, February 16, 2009

CLEANING,CAR REPAIRS AND THE GIMP

Rachel, my cleaning lady was here this morning. We had decided the last time she was here to clean the open shelves in my wardrobe. To start she took everything out and just piled it up on the bed. We found lots of missing items, among them, the plate that used to be in my shoulder that I turned into a necklace, the DVD with the second and third sequels to Smokey and the Bandit. The first one is still missing which makes me a lot less unhappy at having ordered them again. We also found my bottle of Jean Nate that I knew I had, but couldn't find. I love that stuff and am really glad we found it. Rachel cleaned the shelves, then dusted each and every item before putting things back. It looks much better, and the found items are where I can get to them.
I also am pleased to announce that after way too much time, my car is sorted and ready to go again. I managed to get an oil filter and enough oil to do a much needed oil change on the car.After Rachem left, I hopped on to Harley and went to pick up the filter and oil. I had a feeling that inspite of having been plugged in all weekend that Harley's batteries didn't charge. I'm amazed that I made it there and back. I have a sick feeling that the charger is shot. The lights light up, but it doesn't whir like it's supposed to when charging. As I have to go out in the morning, I'll check the charge before leaving and if it isn't full, I'll just use Moshe's until McGyver can bring me the spare one. This is just what I don't need. Golan did the actual work with me supervising. I've seen some bad oil come out of engines, but this was disgusting. It felt bad too. Oh, well, it now has a brand new oil filter and new oil and is ready to travel.
It was fun messing with the car, even if I couldn't do much. After all, an oil change is something I used to do myself as a matter of course. I've seen some bad oil come out of engines, but this was The original plan was to get it ready to go my orthopedist tomorrow, but it's going to rain all day, so, we'll do it on Thursday. It's miserable to go someplace in the car and mess with the wheely in the rain. Plus, I have to leave Harley chained to my parking space post in the rain, not to mention wade through a iniature ocean to get into the car because the rain water collects right by the driver's door. It can wait until Thursday. After a quick lunch I organized a bunch of papers that I have to give to my lawyer tomorrow. That took ages, but, now they are all neetly organized in a pretty purple binder thing. After that, there were even more papers and things that needed sorting, so I got on with that, and after much back and forthing to the spare room, finaly finished and crashed for a nap. And, now, it's 0100 and time for bed, after I answer a few e mails. I'm feeling quite satisfied that I got so much done.

No comments: