Monday, February 09, 2009

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE GOOD GUYS

Golan came in during the evening with the news that the sewage issue has been resolved. I was not exactly surprised by that news. He went to city hall in person, Ayala called them and I sicced the national press on them. They didn't exactly have much of a choice. That's a good way to get things done around here. Hit them from several directions at once! I had an idea the other day for solving some of the congestion in my computer corner. Back during the 2006 war, Golan and I went to my friend's plant nursery and I bought a wood planter holder thing. It's just been sitting around here gathering dust and it struck me that it could be hung on the wall above the desk and be a good place for all the disks to live. Golan liked the idea and said he'd put it up for me as soon as he got his hands on a drill. He came over with brackets and a drill to put that up as well as a purple coat rack thing my friend Susie made and gave me when I was with her in the States. I told him that was great, but first we have a major emergency to deal with. Before anything we must find my ear. It was pretty much where I thought it would be, under my bed right where I was sitting to get dressed. I now have my ear back, the planter turned shelf, and coat rack up and in use. And here's the planter shelf in all it's glory!

And the really cool part is that I can reach it from where I sit! Being tall does have it's advantages. The only real drawback to being tall is that it's a long way down when I fall. But otherwise, it's advantageous for reaching those things on a high shelf in a kitchen cabinet and cleaning out cobwebs from ceiling corners! Tall is good.
I'm not posting the coat rack picture because it's covered with coats and jackets. You'll just have to take my word that it looks good and is purple. Thanks Susie.
For a day that started off kind of stinky, it sure did end on a very satisfying note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that from stinky to nice. You guys are doing a good job and keep it up. The clean up gimp squad, another fearsome group.

Purplegimp said...

All in just a few hours, and I was the only gimp involved. A multipronged attack works every time.