Monday, February 23, 2009

IT'S BEEN ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE WEEKS

You know those crazy up and down times? When the problems seem unsurmountable? Last week was pretty much like that. Harley's batteries need replacing. They are literally on their last legs and doing damage to the charger. A new pair of batteries cost 1300 shekels and change at the cheapest place in town. They cost well over 2000 at the factory. As usual, I'm skint and just don't have the dosh. I did what I usually do in these situations. I went to ask the 'boss of my money', the assistant manager of my bank what she thinks I should do. Her suggestion was to up the limit on my credit card. Then I had a flash of brilliance and remember a card that was last used when everything blew up in my face with my ill fated excursion into the business world with Shmaryah. The last time I tried to use that card, it was refused. I called the company and they said something about my bank. Now, that card is not bank issued. It's what they call here 'independent credit'. and has nothing to do with the bank. The monthly payments on that card have been going along just fine for at least two years, so I asked her, if maybe using that one might be a better idea, and she agree. I sped home and called the company and they told me that the card is just fine and there is no reason it shouldn't work. Talk about the luck of fools. I have over 3000 shekels credit to use on that card.
So, on Friday, Golan and I headed for the cheap battery store. They only had one, and I need a pair, so, I ordered a pair and they will let me know when they come in. In the meantime, I have enough go go juice to get to town a few more times.
On Friday I opened my wallet to get the credit card out to pay for an official paper that I need for the housing authority and discovered that my main card was missing. I went though every single thing in my bag of holding and it wasn't there. It's no big deal as it's pretty much at it's limit and can't be used to buy much of anything. I have another one with the same number, so, no biggy. I decided that it will either show up or not. Well, it did indeed turn up yesterday, at my cigarette store. So, that's ok. My guardian angel has been working over time. I am most grateful. Now I can buy the batteries for Harley and pay the 600 shekel court fee to file the thing against Shmaryah. Getting the judgement against him will solve a great many problems.
Oh, and, now that the oil has been changed in the car I can go to my orthopedic guy. If it ever stops raining, that is. Futzing around with the car and the wheely is no fun at all in the rain. Right now it looks like Wednesday might be ok. My secret weather source says there will be one day off from the rain, then it starts up again over the weekend and the next week. That's ok. I can get a lot done in one day.
So, it's been a good week, on the whole.

No comments: