Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'M A GOOD CITIZEN, I AM

I have now fullfilled my civic duty and voted for the 18th Knesset and a different Prime Minister. I can't exactly call the one I voter a new Prime Minister because the one I voted for has already held the position once, and I hope he'll get it again. I guess that makes him a new/old one.
The weather folks have been predicting a stormy day for today with lots of rain and high gusting winds. It's cloudy and cold, and there has been drizzle on and off, but no storm. Just goes to show Who really controls the weather! Unlike in the municiple elections, the vote for PM is not separate from that of Knesset, so I couldn't mess up like I did the last time. One slip goes in the envelope, and that's it.
From there, I went into town to get cigarettes and the guy where I buy them told them that they are having a special offer on my brand; a free carton for Shas voters. I could have lied and told him I'd vote Shas even though I'd already voted, but, I'd rather pay than say such a thing. Shas is pretty close to the last party I'd ever vote for. But it was fun for a few laughs.
Yesterday I ended up having a nice long nap and was awake long into the night.I was out for a little longer than expected. There was a meeting of The Five where we sorted a whole bunch of interpersonal issues which was a little draining, to say the least. After that, I checked my mail box and found that a DVD I'd ordered had arrived, so, off to the post office I went to pick it up. When I got home, I pretty much collapsed on the bed a fell asleep. I wanted to watch the DVD (Smokey and the Bandit on the lap top in bed, but the lap top was stuck and refused to turn itself off or do anything else so I watched it here. Golan came over to use the computer, so I went to bed to stay warm and discovered that the computer had unfrozen itself so I watched the two sequels. Then, my night time Fox News shows were preempted by Obummer of the jug ears and I went to DVR and watched a few recorded things. I really don't want to hear what he has to say as he's about as honest as the average Kadima Knesset member. In other words a pathological liar. More of that on my other blogs.
Tonight is going to be long and nerve wracking waiting for results. I might just watch my new DVDs again and leave one of our news stations on in the background without sound.

No comments: