Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WILL I EVER LEARN?

I just never seem to learn to keep my big mouth shut. I had no sooner announced that bog nights appeared to be a thing of the past, than I got a double whammy. It's an understatement of epic proportions to say that I was not thrilled to find myself spewing from both ends. From 0100 to 0630 I was in the loo holding a trash bag lined bucket, and wondered if it would ever stop. It eventually did stop, but I was left with laundry to deal with. Luckily it was a day that I didn't have to go to the clinic or anyplace else, so I could just stay in, which I did.
Thankfully last night was uneventful so I could go to the clinic and have a go at the doc about my insanely fluctuating PT levels. He got all upset and told me that I done the wrong thing. So, I just sat back on Harley and asked a question in such a way that he caught on to his mistake and saw that I had in fact done the correct thing. The proof is in todays result. The PT INR level was spot on.
I went from the clinic to the school that supposedly had an accessible voting booth. The booth might have been perfectly accessible, but, there was no way to get to it. One bright bulb told me to go accross the street to the Senior Citizen Center. I did and it was even worse. Cars were parked in the places where I could have gone from the street to the sidewalk and the door was too narrow for Harley. Back to the other place determined to make them open a gate that did give access. It took well over an hour and lots of backing and forthing until someone arrived with the key and they sorted a way through a candidate's propaganda booth. I voted and had another fun time waiting to be let out again.
This happens every election because the officials who are in charge of things never think to get a proper gimp check to see if they are indeed ok. The officials just assume that they know best.
On the way home I stopped in at Moshe's and offered to accompany him to vote. He ran into the same problem and after we checked out the other place, I called a reporter pal who promised to check it out. Then, I decided to get hold of yet another reporter and headed for town to try and root him out. Moshe had asked me to pick up some fresh Pitas for him, which I did and I arrived home with a flat tire. McGyver and Savta showed up and went off with my tire, to fix it. It's still not back yet. Oh, well, they'll appear with it sometime. I don't exactly need it tonight.

No comments: