Monday, November 24, 2008

SLOGGING ALONG

I used to love roller coasters. These days I'm not so sure about them. This up and down, all over the chart with the rat poison isn't at all fun. And I'm not too wild about the side effects. Why do I have get ones no one has ever heard of? The squits, and all night belching. It doesn't matter if the PT INR is high or low, I just start belching the minute I settle in to bed, and most days wake up to an hour of squits. Peg is not at all happy because the squits means that he has to wait to go out. I think he's catching on because this morning he was very good about waiting. But, Golan put him out while I was at the gimp meeting, where Four of The Five caught up on things. We have a meeting on the 1st of Dec with some new expert who is supposedly going to help us. ANOTHER EXPERT? I don't want another expert. I want My Communist. He's more than enough of an expert for us and I still have nightmares about the media guy they stuck us with. Huhmph. But being the good little gimp that I am, I'll go, I'll listen, I'll ponder, then I'll decide.
Itzik the photographer called me and Alberto McGyver in for a meeting. One of his TV contacts asked him where we had disappeared to, and he told the guy that things kind of went on hiatus with me and Savta in and out of hospital, the holidays and local elections. I'm pretty much back up to speed, in spite of the earler whinging, and Savta only has out patient stuff now. Itzik's TV guy suggested that we do exactly what I had in mind when we got back, but Savta was against. Now that it's come from outside the group, we just might be back in buisness. McGyver and I are trying to get a meeting with Bibi in the near future. Then, we'll sic Hezi on the head of his party.
It was so nice being together again, even though Moshe was at his computer course. We'll be having our own meeting before the 1st.
I just love it when all of us or even just some of us are together. You don't spend 11 days and nights with the same people, then come home and go your own separate ways without a thought. We are good together, even if we annoy others with our in jokes.
I think I'm going to stay in today and play with St. Gracie at her TH blog. Yup. Sounds like a plan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

l haven't been in for a few days and am glad to hear you are up-and-atem again.
keep it up, kid!
Marge

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Marge! It's hard to keep this gimp down. I'm just mean and stubborn. Plus, I'm having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Yup I'll bet that is a good description of you...mean, stubborn, and FUN!!
:-)))
Take care, babe