Saturday, November 08, 2008

A MISERABLE WEEK

Ok. It hasn't been all bad, just mostly not good. I have been refusing to pay attention to the US elections for the simple reason that I knew deep down that Obummer was going to win and I was in no mood to have it shoved down my throat. But, my body had it's own brilliant idea on how to handle it. The night after I checked the results on the Interweb was spent in the loo on the bog. I would no sooner decide that deluge was over and crawl back to bed, than it hit again. This went on all night, but let up during the day so I could go to the clinic to get the burn treated. And hopes of a quiet night in bed were quickly dashed when I had to make a mad dash to the bog for yet another night of non stop squits and a day of laundry. I attribute it to the fiasco of the elections. Talk about getting your bowels in an uproar! Thankfully it seems to be pretty much over. Only one mad dash last night and a slightly less mad one this morning.
The rat poison I have to take seems to have stablized and the PT tests are coming back in the correct range. With a little luck I should be able to do the test once a week now.
As to the burn, it looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better. There is now a special patch on it that is supposed to draw all the bad gunk out of it and it sure is doing that. There is some evidence of healing going on under the yellow gunky stuff. So that's encouraging.
I didn't do much this week other than spend too much time on the bog. As that is not the most pleasant subject in the world, I didn't bother posting here. I'm posting about it now because it's almost over.
Now I have yet another election to face. The municiple elections here will be on Tuesday and I still don't know who I want to vote for. My reaction to this election should be a non event. Let's face it; municiple elections are not in same league as Presidential elections. Then, in Feb we have our own national elections. I expect a similar reaction if my choice loses. At least I have a few months before that happens.
My body is very tired from the whole thing, so I think I'll take it to bed for a rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that sounds lovely!! One thing after another! :-((
Sounds more like stomach flu than the election but I have to admit this election would be enough.
hope you are now spending time "off the bog" :-)) First time I have heard that expression but you made it very clear! LOL
hugggggg Marge

Anonymous said...

Bog on Bog off-- sounds like a commercial.

Purplegimp said...

Marge,
I hand around with far too many Brits and use their more expressive expressions. Bog, loo, bog roll etc. Trust me, it wasn't stomach flu or food poisoning. It's just one of sevreal ways by body reacts to disasters like BO. I finally made it through the night without a migration to the bog! There is hope for a full recovery. Now all I have to do is find a new news channel!

Purplegimp said...

Maybe I should send it to Metamucil folks?
Bogging could be a new sport in the Special Olympics?