Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TV CAN BE SO MUCH FUN

A new channel was recently added to our cable selection. It runs all kinds of reality style shows. There are three that I rather enjoy. One tells strange tales from emergency rooms, another follows ambulance crews around and yet another follows cops. I have a great deal of fun with some of the names of the people in the various shows. The ER one has a Dr. Slay, and last night's cop show had a detective named Crook, which of course could be spelled any number of ways, but is still pronounced Crook. I'm not quite sure how I'd react if I found myself in an ER being treated by a guy named Dr. Slay! From what was shown Dr Slay is one of the best, and he is seriously handsome, but that name, oh my, that name. There are a few others, but the best of them requires a minimum knowlege of common Israeli names, but I'll give it shot. In one of the episodes a resident was looking for his intern; Dr. Buzzaglow, and it took me a few minutes to figure out that the name was most likely Bouzaglo. There really isn't an English spelling for that name as the origin is from Morocco, and the accented sylable isn't necessarily the same, but it has given no end of entertainment.
I finally managed to pay off one my 'get to the rotorooter' debts yesterday, and it feels so good. I asked him if he'd accept that camera I'd found last week instead of cash, and he jumped on the offer. It was a few days before I got around to downloading the card and deleting the 15 pictures left on it. I took it to him yesterday and he was pleased as punch. There aren't many things I hate more than owing money to friends, but giving them a camera that's purchase price is much more than the debt is just fine with me.
I'm very lucky that murder can not be committed over the phone. I asked Dem Der to please find someone else to handle his cable phone bill as his overseas calls are now coming in on that and he still owes me a 100 from last month. He came up with a whole list of reasons why he hasn't found anyone yet, then made the almost fatal mistake of telling me that I can wait another 3 weeks or so. Guess who went ballistic? Yup, that would be me. I have to redo some of my stuff with cable company, and I've been waiting to get rid of his phone carge. I'm not waiting any longer. He'll get his ass in gear or lose the phone, and I don't much care.

No comments: