Tuesday, May 20, 2008

JUST PLODDING ALONG

I guess I should be more upset than I am, but I'm actually feeling a bit smug. The Suzuki was finally taken away and Shmaryah is stuck with the old Renault Express that doesn't have an inspection sticker, insurance, and hasn't run in over a year, two, even. It's sad that things went downhill like that, but, to be expected. I will say in his favor that he has kept his end of the agreement we made, which has pleasantly surprised me.
Liat and Adee are coming to Israel in about two weeks and I am experiencing that delightful anticipation again. I have started a major cleaning operation well in advance and have gotten most of the boxes in the spare room emptied out and ready to be thrown out. I found an old digicam that I forgot I even had. Good thing I opened all the boxes to make sure no important papers were left in them! Golan will be along one day soon to help me take the boxes out. I also got the table pretty much cleared off and the table cloth washed. Oh, and the sofa is clear except for a box of garden things that have to go into the shed. I do a little bit every day and it's starting to show. Gimp House will be all sparkly clean by the time the girls get here. I'm not going to clean the fridge though. Adee can do that!

No comments: