Thursday, May 22, 2008

AT LAST A REAL THURSDAY

This really is nuts, but, that shouldn't be news to anyone who knows me. Today really is Thursday and for the first time in weeks I actually am sure of what day it is. I even think I might have figured what out what my fixation with Thursday is. Passover was a few weeks ago, and after Passover comes the counting of the Omer, during which period it is custom to not get new clothes, hair cuts, manicures or pedicures. A sort of period of mourning that is broken on Lag B'Omer, when weddings can held, hair and nails cut. As I had decided that it was a very bad idea to use any of my mostly non existant cash to get my nails done before Passover, I found myself with ever lengthening toe nails on my right foot. I thought it would be a good idea to check exactly when Lag B'Omer would be, and discovered that it would arrive on Thursday, the 22nd of May. Today! That's where the Thursday fixation came from. I got the day, but the date kind of took a back seat, and left me waking up hoping(thinking) that everyday was Thursday already!
So, here it is Thursday, and fingernails are all gone, and my toe nails will be gone tomorrow.
Of course all this Thursday idiocy made me get my son's birthday all wrong. I know perfectly well that it's on the 20th, but decided that this year the 20th would be on THURSDAY. Well, it wasn't, and he was disappointed that I'd seemingly forgotten. Of course he was born on a Thursday, so I wasn't that far off. I just hope I can shake thing everyday is Thursday thing now that THE THURSDAY has come.

No comments: