Monday, January 21, 2008

TIME FLIES EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT HAVING FUN

I'm almost recovered from yesterday's trip to Haifa for the doc to check on the slit in my neck. Beeing fully aware that I was going to a big city teaching hospital with no patient parking, we left at 0530 and got there just in time to find a parking space, and somehow found the outpatient clinic. It's almost in a completely different neighborhood to the hospital itself and has a ramp that goes to a door that doesn't open. Why was I not surprized? There is an elevator that goes to floor the docs are on and I was in and out fairly quickly. The slit is healing nicely and I have to go back there in a month to get another doppler ultrasound on that artery. Next order of business after finding out that place that does the dopplers will only be able to make an appointment for next month next month, we headed for the hospital medical school that Dem Der needed to go to in order to see a doc. As it was a bit chilly, I elected to wait for him in the car. It only took him an hour and a half in there, but he did call to ask if I wanted a sandwich. I said no initially but called him back to ask what kind they had about an hour later. I was ready for a hard boiled egg sandwich with veggies. Dem Der being Dem Der called back to ask what else I wanted on it. I told him and then he called again. Before he had a chance to say even one word, I informed that a sandwich is not a life or death decision and to just freaking get one. In the end, he did, and we headed home. While back at the clinic he asked if we could go to Safad on the way home. That was greeted with a resoinding "No" He did try to wheedle me into doing it, but I was adamant. I got up in time to leave at 0530 and he wanted to go to Safad. I don't think so. As it was, I pretty much fell into bed when we got home and slept on and off most of the afternoon and night, except for a few quick trips to the computer.
This morning I was still sleepy, but after returning to bed at 0600 from the computer slept in until 0830, got up, answered e mails and named the 18 new pictures my son sent. Then I went to the clinic to have the stuff on my pressure sore changed. It looks a lot better now, which means that Mrs. Dr. Gimp was right about the treatment. Then, I came home and slept even more.
I did have a wonderful thought today. It dawned on me that I just might live long to see the day when my son's daughter asks her cousins why they don't know their other grandmother (me). I do wonder what she'll tell them. They'll know from Adee Polly that I'm not dead. Should be interesting. That thought alone was more than enough to keep me smiling all day long. I'd almost feel sorry for her if she hadn't brought it on herself.
It seems that we might get some rain tomorrow, and over the weekend. I'm good with that. I'll be able to get stuff done here if it does rain.
It's time for another argument with Town Hall, then, bed and sleep. It's Monday, so I'll be able to sleep with Bill O'Reilly!

No comments: