Monday, January 28, 2008

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

And here I thought I was winning the battle of the pressure sore! It was much better yesterday, then, I had to go and do something stupid.
I decided that I needed the hole peppered air mattress back on the bed and that I would put it back on all by myself. To that end I opened up the wheely and put it in position so that I could take all the stuff that was on the floor to the right of the bed and put it someplace else, and get to the motor and that side of the of the sheets. That only took an hour and 4 crashes into the chair to rest. Then, the mountain of quits and blankets got dumped on the floor, had another short rest, got the mattress off the closet top, unfolded it, actually managed to put it on the bed with the air tubes on the right side, another sit down, and I got it all tucked in, then after a yet another rest, sorted all the electric cords and got the motor up to put in the air tubes. This was accompanied to the tune of a temper tantrum as some of the cords to other things were twisted around each other. After it was all connected, it was time to get the sheets tucked back in. That required access to both sides of the bed and all the stuff from the right side of the bed was in the way. The solution to that was to separate the stuff that needed washing from what didn't, from the wheely, of course. Right, sheets in place, rest, pillows in place, gimp in chair, on to the blankets and quilts, collapse in chair. By then it was time to settle in for the last event of Europeans, the Gala Exhibition, and I was well past the need for a nice long rest. I settled the pressure sore leg on it's pile of pillows and got lost on the ice in Zagreb. Only when it was over did I realize that the sore was hurting really badly. Upon investigation I found that there was a pillow there where it shouldn't have been and the sore had been on that pillow. I just sat with that leg hanging off the end of the bed unti it settled down to a dull roar, rearranged the pillows and had a short nap.
The weather people have been telling us that big storm is on the way. It was supposed to rain on Saturday, but didn't, and again yesterday, but there was no rain here until very late at night. Rather than rain, as they predicted, it's sort of almost drizzling now. They are talking snow for tomorow. I can only hope that they get it right for once.
One of our local newspaper's web site actually posted You Tube videos of our Ice Dance team's performances, the compulsory dance, the original and the free. Um, yeah, I did kind of mention something about my pet peeve to the editor. Here's the result. Just ignore the Russian talk over.
http://www.readme.co.il/articles/sport-425.html
They came in 8th which is pretty damn good. They are on their way up. I wish they'd included Tamar Katz, but that's just greed on my part. Ice dance is my sport, after all, so I am well satisfied.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope your sore is getting better. A friend told me about an old remedy she picked up in Maine somewhere, but I dare not say it. It was applying a certain soap and it has a caution about too ploged of skin contact. (I can't understand that) I hope the mat provides the relief.

Purplegimp said...

Jeff, Please please, tell me that Maine remedy is. I'll try anything at this point.
I've been considering another old Maine solution-a chain saw!

Anonymous said...

Okay, talked me into it. I'll send an email.

Purplegimp said...

Got it! Thanks!! Good thing I still have friends in Maine. With any luck it should be in the mail on Monday!!