Wednesday, February 01, 2006

TOO MUCH TO DO TOO LITTLE TIME

Tired? Who, me?
In the end, I went to Bat Chen's alone because Orna didn't get up in time and didn't hear the 5000 calls I made to her. I headed out at 0520 with Don McLean blasting out of the speakers so I could "sing" along and not hear myself. Some place after 3 wrong turns, I tried to use the voice GPS and learned that trying to use it the first time at a traffic light is not a good idea. After many more wrong turns, I found myself at a petrol station and called Bat Chen. By some miracle, I was only a few minutes from where she was and she rescued me yet again (note to self: go to Motorola and get the damn vocal GPS explained). We got BBC out and reassembles, then headed off for our errands which were done in record time. Back at her house, I settled in for a kip, and when I woke up, decided to stay the night and leave in the morning. All fine and well, except for one (two) major flaws. Bat Chen and I simply can not stop talking so it was 0400 before we crashed into deep sleep. In the morning-3 hours later, she took Reef to school, then, lead me to her car guy who checked Kiri Four Wheels vital signs-oil, brake, tranny and hydraulic fluids and pronounced her healthy. Poor man was a bit shocked that I, a woman actually understand cars. From there, I headed home, where Orna and Danny were waiting for me with the wheely. I barely made it to the bed before falling asleep! Next day, yesterday, I got up and out by 1000, went to Cell Com about the ear thing for that phone, then to Motorola for a quick lesson in the GPS thing, to the clinic for my prescriptions, to the far mall,to the pet shop, grocery shopping with Orna, to the butcher, then, home to bed. Today should be an easy day, only to my travel agent. Tomorrow will be another insane day. I have to go to Cell Com for the ear thingy, the clinic, butcher, then, to Bat Chen's. I decided to leave Kiri Four Wheels there and come up with her for the weekend, then go home with her and come back on Sunday. Then, I will spend the week getting ready for England. I'm going out now and with any luck, I'll have enough energy to come back here and fill in a few gaps.

No comments: