Saturday, February 04, 2006

EUREKA I FOUND IT!

I have no idea how it happened, but I found the Bat Chen's house with only one very minor goof. Somehow, Kiri Four Wheels just took the correct turns and when I realized we were doing ok, called her for the rest of route and I got to her house a good 10 minutes before she did. Chuffed doesn't quite cover it. We spent the afternoon planning and discussing the will Tsion left. In the end it turned out that he not only left a will, but detailed instructions as to what is to be done. His family is trying to deny the will and are thinking of trying to prove that it's a forgery. They won't have much luck with that for the simple reason that it isn't. A box was delivered to a friend with directions on how an to whom to give the contents. Bat Chen's envelope ended up in the wrong hands and was opened. Her friend Ilan came over and when he heard the latest events, called the guy who had her envelope and demanded that he deliver it that evening, which he did. We all went to bed early. In the morning we went to the bank and sorted a few things, then, to Bezeq where I killed 2 unneeded phone lines and bought two phones to complete my collection! Then to fill petrol, check oil and stuff, then to get Ilan, Reef and try to get someone from Tsion's family to get Bat Chen's thing from his apartment, but they refused, so we went back to Bat Chen's where Ilan moved my car into her parking space and brought a few things to the house. We dropped him off and came to Gimp House, where Orna had stuffed the turkey and put it in the oven. As she couldn't find the remote for the small a/c, Danny lit the kerosene heater which promptly made Bat Chen ill. I found the remote exactly where I thought it might be and we got the a/c going and took out the kero heater. Kim came over for dinner and got a Hebrew lesson as well. The turkey was great!
I'm waiting for the AVG to finish running so I can scan the CD that was in Bat Chen's envelope. We suspect that it might have some nasties on it as the guy who had is a computer whiz. She's afraid it might be set up to give him access to her computer and as I have to reformat yet again, we might as well open it here. He can look at anything he wants on my computer! Won't he be surprised.

No comments: