Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TELEPHONES ALL DAY LONG

What a fun day yesterday wasn't! Computer genius that I am (obviously not) I could not the e mail on this (my) computer configured to receive AND send. Somehow quite by accident, I got it right on the lap top which meant that I had to go it to answer mails. I ended up on the phone for at least 2 hours getting mine sorted, the Golan's account on the lap top. All are working just fine for now. The question is how long will it last?
Golan decided that he wants a Face book account and I told him to knock himself out and open one! His English is not great, but he did try and in the process made a total hash of things by confusing the passwords for that and his e mail account. Luckily I told my FB account to stay logged in, and just don't log out. I went a little ballistic when I got a mail from them telling me my new password. Somehow he had my FB page up and was trying to sign into my account with his password. Ok. Gimp to the rescue! I went to the lap top and started his account all over again and gave him a password guaranteed to annoy him, and checked 'stay logged in' for him! This morning when he wandered in, I explained it all to him and informed that he would have to start paying closer attention to what he's doing because I will not be his computer babysitter! I will help him with his profile and upload a decent picture of him, then, he's on his own.
I rather enjoy doing computer stuff and don't really mind spending almost a whole day doing stuff like routine maintainence if I had planned it for that day. It drives me wild to end up doing unplanned things. Luckily I had planned on getting the mails sorted and knew it would take a long time. At least it got done without a major melt down.
I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I got BOTH pressure stockings on yesterday and this morning as well. I have a problem with my right leg. Some of the muscles, tendons and such have atrophied to the point where I can no longer cross that leg over the left, like I can with the left. That makes putting on the right stocking really hard, but with many contortions I got it on. Today I am going to talk with the P.T. (physical torturer) at the clinic about how to get that leg working again. Part of the problem is in the hip area. No cartilage there at all. I'd better get moving on that so I can get onto WoW and maybe make some progress.

No comments: