Sunday, March 14, 2010

MORE HOSPITAL ADVENTURES

Both computers are hinky again. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Mine will not bring up blogger and this one was weird with it yesterday. I'm just about ready to go back to snail mail and throw them both out.
I got to the chosen hospital on Tuesday with Golan in tow,(the plan was that after we got me there he'd go visit his ex girlfriend who is till lingering, and get himself home by bus) having left just as the noise was starting across the path and in ER some bright bulb decided to stick me in an internal service rather than vascular. In the morning they started telling what I have, and I decided to to call Dr. Luberman after telling the only idjit quack that I went to THAT hospital because of Dr. Luberman. He was not overly pleased with my answer, so I went downstairs and outside and called Dr Luberman. I told him where I was and why. He said that they would send me home that day and that I was to be at the clinic in Haifa to see on Friday at 0900. When I got back upstairs, a resident caught me and with a very strange look on his face told me that my release papers were almost ready and that I could leave when I wanted. By then it was almost lunch time and a nurse suggested that I stay for lunch, in a very solicitous manner. I did and it didn't take long for me to realize that they were trying to figure out how I got to Dr. L. and why he intervened on my behalf. I was unsure when I called him if he'd remember me. He has thousands of patients, so, why should he remember me? He did, very clearly! After a fairly crap lunch I hung all my stuff on the wheely and headed out. We had found a parking space inside the lot closest to the emergency entrance and I parked rear first. A place opened up even closer so Golan went to move it and the guards told him he couldn't park there, so he parked face in. Pissed off? Who? Me? damn right! One of the guards came over to help with the wheely and was very sweet about helping me to get in. Another car had parked so close that I couldn't open the door all the way. Thank g-d I lost so much weight or I never would have gotten in. I got home and collopsed into bed. I called Savta and he told me that he had to get to Safad for an op on an abccess he got on his butt. Gimp Ambulance Service to the rescue. His son and I got him up there and they cut it out on Friday morning while I was on my way to see Dr. L. I left at 0615 because I was not sure I knew how to find that building. I found it just fine and was there and parked at 0800. The car park was deserted, so I hauled Wheelie's parts out and put them together all by myself and settled in to wait until closer to 0900. 2 elevators and wrong floors later, I rolled into the clinic at 0855, ans sat patiently waiting while everyone else complained about little time they each got with him. He came out to see if I had arrived and told me that I was next in. When I got in, he was very complimentary about my weight loss and looked at my poor feet. He said that I have post phlebitic something or other, and that it's common after a series of DVTs. Seems the veins lose their elasticity and turn into pipes that don't do much and that I need the pressure stockings on both feet and something called lymphatic massage. He was very sweet but could feel the natives outside waiting getting restless, so we finished up quickly. I don't know how I did it, but I got the wheely apart and in the back seat all by myself. On the way home I got stopped by a cop for a routine license check, and after I stopped almost on his foot, gave him my biggest grin and said, "I didn't do it YET" in English. He gave me a sharp look, then told me it was just a license check and looked at my license, then, sent me on my way with a grin. I spent most of Friday (after a quick fag run) and Sat in bed from sheer exhaustion. I have to go to the clinic and see my doc, then come home and muck around with my computer. I still almost get the giggles when I think of that phone call. Israelis treat docs like gods, but, as you know, I don't! Those docs and nurses must still be wondering about that. Having the head of another service call and tell you to release a patient can not be nice. But I love it!


No comments: