Tuesday, March 02, 2010

NOT A GREAT WEEKEND

I will be the first to admit that it could have been worse, much worse that it was. What happened? You ask. Oh, not much, I respond. My computer monitor up and died, as did my TV. My beloved geek was here a few hours later with a brand new, larger and better LCD monitor. While installing it he found out that the blasted thing needed a reformat. DAMN it just had one and I had just barely gotten it the way I like it, and here it needs another one. What a mess. So, that computer has a brand new monitor and Windows newly reinstalled, so, why does nothing except my game work right? It will not send e mails, or open web pages properly. And yes, it is a damn good thing that I have this and even though it might be a little slow, it sens mail and opens pages, if a bit slowly, but it opens them.
Then the real catastrophe happened. My newish LCD TV decided to imitate the monitor and died. Ok, fine, so it doesn't even turn on. O have 2 more! So there! The problem with that is that there was no one to get the spare out of Homeless' old room and switch it with the LCD. Golan hasn't shown his face for several days, so I called Benny, everyone's favorite 'gimp helper' He came about an hour ago and sorted the TV switch and now I at least have one to watch until I figure out a way to buy a new LCD. No rush at all. I'll get used to watching this one soon enough. I did find out that as long as WoW is working on "my" computer nothing else much matters. I just stayed up until I was falling asleep at the keyboard, and then, went to bed. Today is WoW's day to update their servers, so I won't be able to get my character any farther ahead than she is now. That is good in a way because instead of getting lost in the game, figuratively AND literally, I can catch up on things I've neglected in order to play. I can wash the dishes, fill my pill boxes and just do stuff I haven't.'had the time' to do. That game is the best and worst thing that has happened to me lately. It has my brain working in top gear, which spills over in to real life. I've learned so many little tricks there this week. It is a challenge that I rising to meet and I'm enjoying every minute there. I have met some absolutely lovely people there, who go out of their way to help me as much as they can. Now, if I could just remember to hit the enter key to bring up the chat box when want to say something, it would be nice. That really should be almost a reflex by now, but it isn't. Maybe one day soon it will be.
It's starting to get late, so, it's off to do dishes, then, sort the pills!

No comments: