Thursday, December 11, 2008

TEST ACED BY FORD

I do like my car. It aced it's annual inspection test today, unlike last year. But this year I did locally and not at the rip off joint I went to last year because it was on the way to my orthopedist. See? Old gimps can learn new tricks.
I did have a bit of a moment when the tester asked why there's a ball thingy on the steering wheel. Duh. There's a nice large cripple parking card right under his nose, so I pointed to it and asked if he wanted to see my drivers license which requires it. They are illegal unless required because of cripple issues.
Moshe was a big help with the leg work and had some fun with one of our local businessmen who asked him if he had to bring his scooter in for a test too? Moshe teased him a bit, then told him he'd come with me to be my legs. I really can't describe the relief I felt at passing the test.
The morning started off a bit iffy. Just as I was going to get up from the computer to get dressed, the squits attacked and delayed everything. I had to get the clinic in time for a PT test and to the car inspection place in time to get through the usual long line of cars by 1100 when they stop inspecting. Just what I need. The squits and there's no time for 'crap' like that. Thankfully things settled down once I got moving. I got to the PT test in time, only to be delayed by the clinically insane wife of the thief who owes me a small fortune, then by people sitting on the bank of chairs at the entrance/exit to the clinic that I have to move to get out. I eventually got out, bought some fags and raced home to jump in the car and go. We got there in time, and finished in last place. It was after 1100 when we finished and they were starting to close shop.BUT WE GOT IT DONE AND PASSED.
Go Gimp!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PG: Your knob on the wheel kind of reminded me of a trend. Other people may like to have one. Why is it they develop something for handicap purposes and soon other people want to have it? It doesn’t go for just handicap spots anymore. That reminds me of an organization that works on disability issues called Concrete Change. They promote building design to meet basic disability issues. The trend is to build so that one can easily adapt the home to meet those necessities. It’s a good idea. More and more, its not just the disabled person thinking about it. It is sort of an applied science whose time has come. It is nice to know things are adaptable in the future, for whatever reason.
xp

Purplegimp said...

XP
Those cute little steering knobs are only legal on gimp cars and forklifts. The guy who asked the question really didn't have a right to. What he should have done was ask to my license.
People just want to have what someone else has whether or not they understand what it's for. It's a case of 'me too'. I say if they want gimp stuff, then, be a gimp!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! classic.

Purplegimp said...

I've even been known to offer to help them become as gimped as they want!
No takers yet.