Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ALMOST READY TO LEAVE

The Five are almost ready to leave on a demonstration the likes of which has never been seen in Israel. We have two very strong social action groups supporting us and providing back up as well as not a little pressure where needed. We are getting new scooters from the Israeli manufacturer Afikim today as it's public relations for that can't be bought or produced in a studio. We can do this because those of us on scooters all bought them from Afikim and intended to go on them in any event. The truck, generator and just about everything else we could dream of are ready to go on Sunday morning. The only small glitch is our web forum, but with a little more cajoling it should be up and running today. It's basically a Hebrew forum, but does have an English option. Only problem is, you need to know Hebrew to get to the English. I hope to have that sorted later tonight.
I kidnapped Golan yesterday and went to get my right leg 'shot' so it will behave on the trip. After the shot we went to have lunch and quite by chance ran into Baruch, who grew up with my late ex husband. We had a lovely, if somewhat damp conversation about him. It's hard for me to explain how wonderful it was to talk about him with someone who not only grew up with up him, but knew us both when we were together, as well as visited us in Maine. Today I have a list of things to do that just seems never ending, so, I'd best get on with it or it really never will end. There are only two more days to get things done in order to leave on Sunday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best!! I hope everything goes according to plan and you achieve your goal!!
You go, girl!! Huggggggggggggg!!
Marge

Purplegimp said...

Thaks, Marge! So far so good. We Five have a day of media interviews starting this morning. I wish I could say that Olmert's speech announcing his retirement last night was because he knows we're coming. One down, the rest of the government to go!

Anonymous said...

You know I'm backing you all the way! Stay safe and slam your point home!

Jeanie

Purplegimp said...

Jeanie, Consider them all slammed!
What do you think the chances are that Olmert announced that he's leaving because he heard that I'm on the way and this time there's no stopping us?
A gimp can fantasize, right?

Anonymous said...

Hey that was the first thing I thought of when I saw he was quitting!! I immediately said to my husband "OH OH!! He knows when to get out! She has him scared
s**tless!"
:-)))))))))
Will be watching for the results!
Marge

Purplegimp said...

Marge,
The first time we left, I did actually warn him by name that we were on the way to sort them out in Jerusalem, and considering the lengths they went to to keep us from getting there, there just could be a tiny bit of thruth to it.
With all the other troubles he has, now the cripples want his blood too!