Wednesday, February 03, 2010

PRIMORDIAL SOUP AND GUM GRUNGE

I have a pot of the most disgusting primordial soup sitting on the stove waiting for the cleaning lady. I made a lovely beef stew ages ago, and after the first two days had had more than enough of it. It sat for weeks taking up room in the fridge and growing a vile smelly foamy gunk on the top. I finally got around to taking it out to make room for something else. I half expect to see a monster crawl out of it at any moment. When will I learn to cook smaller amounts? Ach, don't bother answering that. The cleaning lady is already late, yet again, so it is likely that I will end up disposing of it myself. Oh, well. I've cleaned up worse, even if this is running a close second in the disgusting race.
I discovered the other day that I have some kind of gum grunge on my gums. I did a little thinking on it and decided that it could very well be just some kind of gum grunge that I've never had before and that ratther than go running to the doc all worried that it might be mouth cancer, I decided to try an antiseptic mouth wash. Witch Dr. Gimp was right again! The mouth wash is clearing it up. I do a swish rince twice a day and it's going away. When it's gone, I'll keep on swish rincing twice a day. The grunge didn't hurt or anything, it just was there, and now it's leaving. Good riddance.
Yesterday was a most amazing day. Savta needed to go to Petach Tikva, a city near Tel Aviv. His son, who lives there had to get some things out of his apartment NOW. So, yeah, I volunteered. After he told me what kind of emotional shape his wife was in, I decided to go over and try to calm her down and reassure her. When I left she was a little better. I picked up Savta and his other son (useful for shlepping) at a little after 1400 and we headed out of town.
I informed Savta in no uncertain terms that I fully intended to take the son we were going to rescue back with us as a surprise for his mother. Savta didn't think I had any chance to succeed in that part of the mission. We got there in good time and I did manage to get the kid(an adult now, but to parents always a kid) to agree to go back with us. So, there we were, 4 adults in my Ford Focus and the trunk stuffed full of things. To say the car was dragging it's ass is an all time understatement. On the way home, Mrs. Savta called the son who went with us, and we all had a great time loudly interjecting nonesense into the conversation. Then she said that she was going to call the other kid, assuming that he was at home all alone. We closed the car windows and were as quiet as mice so as not to give away the surprise. One of the boys went up to the house and got a wheely so I could be there to see Mrs. Savta's face when she realized we'd brought her baby home.I was afraid for a minute that she was going to faint. She looked at the guy standing next to me with a perfectly blank expression, then, she got it!! Tears, hugs and blessings all around. I felt so good that it's hard to express. Never mind making her day. I think I made her year. It wan't all that easy to convince him to come with us, but when he saw his mother's reaction, he finally got it. Boy sons can be so stoopid at times. Me? I'm chuffed as can be at how it all turned out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love surprising people? It gives you a good feeling

Purplegimp said...

cant post a reply to your comment, Susie. Something seems to be wrong. I'll send you a mail tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Okay I'll be looking for it.