Friday, November 27, 2009

THAT'S ONE WAY TO START A DAY

It's an internationally known fact that I am total crap in the morning. There's a very strong element of stay away until I've my morning coffee to it. Who knows this better than good old Pegasus, who has been subjected to my morning fits for almost 20 years now? You'd think that after living in Gimp House since 2002 he's have the morning routine pretty strongly engrained. It really should be automatic. It's the same thing every single morning. I get up, go pee, get him and his lead sorted, roll to the door with him behind the wheely, open the door, then, unlatch the screen door, back up, let him go out ahead of me, hook him onto his nice long chain that is locked onto a ramp railing. Every day. Every single day. For some reason, known only to him, he didn't quite get the behind the chair part and his lead got wound around the left wheel of the wheely. Now, I'm in a wheely because I kind of can't walk. The chair can't go forward or backwards, I can't stand long enough to sort the lead. Uh oh. Trouble accompannied by lots of yelling, shouting and cussing. I did finally manage to wrestle the chair into the living room, and put the wheely's cushion on his 'bed', fold the wheely, tip it over and release the lead. I had released him from the lead before the wrestling part. Right. Lead in hand, wheely upright, cushion in place, and this time he gets it right, and I can go make my coffee and calm down.
He's pulled that trick before, but never gotten the lead wrapped around the wheel. If I have anything to say about it, he won't get another chance.
Old gimps can learn new tricks from old dogs.

4 comments:

Peppermint said...

Peg must not have had his morning coffee to do such a trick. It all sounds so complicated but I'm sure after all these years you have it down good.
Now I wonder what would happen in an electric wheelie. Have you given any thought to that one? I'm sure you have a plan of action. And for an old Gimp you did pretty good. Peg as an old dog is pretty good until you have to lean over and wipe poopie up with your face covered in a rag.
Other than that I'd say you're doing bloody good for a Gimp.

Purplegimp said...

Peg doesn't get morning coffe. He gets morning outies.
It's a lot less complicated than it sounds. I pee, THEN, he goes out. We've pretty much got his living poop stopped for now. And if you recall, my face was not covered in a mask when I almost wiped his poop with my face. It WAS the rag.
It's less of a problem with an electric wheely. It will be much harder to get his lead wrapped around a wheel. Of coures it will a lot harder to get it unwrapped if he succeeds!
I guess I am doing pretty for an old decrepit gimp.

Peppermint said...

You are doing quite well despite all your disabilities.

Purplegimp said...

Let's see if I can get this posted with all words and spelled correctly!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. After getting well and truly crippled there are two choices. You can either hide out at home and wait, or, you can get back on the proverbial horse (in my case a strange assortment of things with wheels) and get on with it. I chose the latter, and am having a very good time with the ongoing soap opera that is my life. I want to be around for as many episodes as possible.