Saturday, April 05, 2008

NAUGHTY LAZY GIMP

I willing admit to having been a lazy gimp this week. I just haven't much felt like writing. No real reason, just was doing other things. But, yesterday I did actually do something somewhat note worthy! After my quick Friday swing through town for the local papers, I decided to make bread with my handy dandy machine. I like whole wheat bread, and the machine does just fine with whole wheat flour. Thing is, if you want to make whole wheat bread it helps to have whole wheat flour. I only found about a quarter of a 1 kilogram bag of whole wheat flour, but had a whole one of rye and another full bag of white bread flour. Ok. I decided to just combine them, and dumped some of each into a bowl, whisked them all together, then, started measuring the mixed flours into the machine bucket. I was more than a little amazed to discover that I had put exactly enough of each flour into the bowl! The bread that came out of the machine was the best so far.
I wonder if I'll ever manage that trick again? I wasn't even trying. It just happened.

No comments: