Thursday, April 10, 2008

WHO ME ? UPSET?

It's just been one of those weeks when everything annoys me, often for no good reason. Well, maybe there is a reason. I have a post for one of my other blogs percolating in my head, and that kind of makes it hard to write here. It's almost brewed, so, I can update here now.
Not much of interest has happened this week, except my lawyer finally managed to get himself over here.
I almost went berzerk, as well as blind getting all of Orna's daughter's phone bills into Word from PDF. I still am not sure exactly how I did it, but, I did, and now my lawyer has it, along with all the details. There is just one tiny glitch. Before it can filed in court, a letter of intent to sue has to be sent. That means that she gets fair warning and a 14 day period from when she gets the letter to pay up, including the fee the lawyer charges for writing and sending the letter. If I know her, and I do, she will be here 3 minutes after opening that letter, begging for easy monthly payments. I'm ready for her! She gets exactly one payment. I am so looking forward to this!
Ok, the phone stuff is done and I just got myself a new deal from the cable company! If you have their interweb, phone and TV, for 199 a month instead of 189 a month you can get all their channels! That's actually not a bad deal. Those deals are usually for new customers, but, for some strange reason, this one is also for existing customers! It goes into effect tomorrow. Granted, I might not ever watch the new additions, but, on the other hand, I might, and 10 shekels more a month is a joke. Actually, it's less than $ 3! So, that's ok.
I spent most of this morning in town trying to get just one of the long list of people who owe me money to give me enough for a few packs of cigarrettes. The really annoying part of that is that it wasn't so long ago that all Orna had to do was tell me she was out of smokes, and I'd run right out to get her a carton. Now, thanks to her, I have trouble scraping together enough money for even one pack. That really gets my motor running! As things stand now, I'm ok until Sunday.
The bandage fell off the pressure again, and I'm leaving it off for now. There's a nice dry scab over it, so, with any luck, that bit of torture is over. I'll keep on using the pyramid pillow invention just to be on the safe side.
I think it's time to scrounge some lunch, then have a little rest. See? It really was a boring week!

No comments: